TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-18-2014, 12:00 PM   #1
takeagabu

Battery Cover Disappeared

My Roamio remote's battery cover is missing. I am pretty sure that my 2 year old hid it somewhere. Hopefully he chose to hide it a boot instead of in the garbage can. Either way, I chatted with Tivo customer service who suggested I just buy a new remote. Anyone have any better ideas than just using a piece of tape?
takeagabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:48 PM   #2
tarheelblue32

If TiVo won't sell you one, probably the only way to get a replacement battery cover would be to try finding someone who has a remote that has died and they are willing to sell it to you for the part. Besides that, your only option is probably buying a new remote. But hey, at least you'll have a spare.
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #3
takeagabu

Update: I emailed weaknees and they said they do sell them for $14. Unfortunately, I was hoping for something more like $5 for the tiny piece of plastic that will probably be replaced by a piece of tape.
takeagabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:32 AM   #4
timr_42

My Roamio remote back is ok, but all three of my S2 remote have a broken clip on each on of the backs. I don't know why because every other remote in the house is fine. I guess I'm just real hard on tivo remotes.
timr_42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:45 AM   #5
windracer
joined the 10k club

That plastic tab on the battery door always seems to be the first thing to break. I have quite a few old peanuts and a Slide that all have tape on the back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote