TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:57 PM   #1
gtsuby

Mini to Roamio constant communication

I have a Roamio (basic) attached to two Miniís via MOCA using a Motorola SBM1000 MOCA adapter set. The Miniís appears to be constantly communicating with the Roamio as the lights on the SMB1000 switch are constantly blinking. After watching TV from the Mini, I always exit to the TIVO screen before shutting down the TV and communication stops. However, it will just randomly start at any time and only quite when I go to the Mini communicating with the Roamio and turn the TV on and press the TIVO button on the remote. The lights on the switch will stop for a random amount of time (one hour to all day), but the cycle will eventually start all over again. I donít think itís a big deal, but would like to understand whatís causing the Mini to do this. All software versions are up to date, and itís be doing this for over a week now.
gtsuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:22 AM   #2
todd_j_derr

TC CLUB MEMBER
I wouldn't necessarily expect them to stop communicating, so I would call it "working as intended". If you're really curious you could try to sniff the traffic, it could be any of a number of things - TiVo beacon, bonjour, DHCP, ARP, or even some other device on your network entirely.
todd_j_derr is offline   Reply With Quote