TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
Ziggie

Streaming from PRO to Premiere = horrible + problematic

Last night hubby and I sat down to watch The Amazing Race on our Premiere. We were streaming it from our new PRO. All I can say is it was nothing but a headache

During the course of what is supposed to be a one hour show, our Premiere stopped a total of 9 times saying it could not stream the show. It kept giving us some "V" error message.

It was so bad, we actually had to just turn it off and finish watching it on the PRO (which was the unit that recorded it).

So far, we're not happy with multi-room streaming

TiVo is the boss of me ~ Member of the TiVo family since 2003

Ziggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:31 AM   #2
tatergator1

I remember the thread on your long ordeal with setting up your home network, but not how you ultimately set everything up. For the benefit of all, could you please describe how each Tivo is connected to your network?

You experience is definitely not the norm and hopefully we can get it working the way it should.

Last edited by tatergator1 : 03-17-2014 at 01:03 PM. Reason: typo
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #3
jrtroo
User

Wired or wireless? What is the actual error message?
Old 03-17-2014, 11:52 AM   #4
eric102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggie View Post
Last night hubby and I sat down to watch The Amazing Race on our Premiere. We were streaming it from our new PRO. All I can say is it was nothing but a headache

During the course of what is supposed to be a one hour show, our Premiere stopped a total of 9 times saying it could not stream the show. It kept giving us some "V" error message.

It was so bad, we actually had to just turn it off and finish watching it on the PRO (which was the unit that recorded it).

So far, we're not happy with multi-room streaming
If you have a sketchy network you might want to try a transfer (instead of a stream) from the pro to the premier, you can start watching it right away and it usually results zero viewing problems.
eric102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:10 PM   #5
shrike4242

I've done multiple streaming sessions from the Roamio Pro in my basement to the Premiere XL in my kitchen as well as the Premiere XL4 in my master bedroom and I've never seen any issues that I can think of like you're describing, Ziggie.

All of my Tivo units are on MoCA and all except the Premiere XL are using their integrated MoCA adapters.

The only possible issue has been a couple of pixelization/video artifacting issues, which I could chalk up to channel-specific issues as they've all been from a single channel of recent.

Former:
Sony S1, Toshiba RS-TX20 w/DVD burner, Tivo S2, S2 DT, S3, TivoHD, Premiere XL (one dead, one gifted, one w/Lifetime)
shrike4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:11 PM   #6
astrohip
Stuart F

This is absolutely related to your network. I watch almost every night on a Premiere, streaming from my PRO. Never a glitch. Ever. In fact, even if I have it recorded on the Premiere, I usually watch it on the PRO, so it can keep my place if I don't finish.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote