TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:44 PM   #1
rrudd2

mlb.tv Issue

I'm new to TiVo and this community, so I hope I'm posting in the right forum.

We've got the Roamio that supports OTA TV. Right now, it's its connected to our wifi network.

I've got the MLB.TV Spring Training package. I've watched games the last two days and at the end of both games I've received the following message on my screen:

The only way I can find to clear this message is to restart the Roamio. I haven't run across anything on the remote that clears this message.

Does anyone else get this message? If so, how do you clear it?

Thanks in advance.

Ron
rrudd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:56 PM   #2
StevesWeb
Grumpy Old Geek

I did see that once. Playing a recorded program cleared it for me.
StevesWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:36 PM   #3
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I don't use that app, but have you tried pressing Clear button?

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:49 AM   #4
Riverdome

Different question but same app - it just doesn't work. Games play fine on my laptop so no issues with router / ISP but on my Tivo I can't get a single game to load. I get the loading message and then ultimately the Tivo reboots.

I thought I saw a similar thread on TC last season but a search didn't help. Any thoughts?
Riverdome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:26 PM   #5
keenanSR

I just watched the end of the Nats/Yankees game and didn't see what you posted above, it just went to a "this game has completed" screen. I left it there for about 5 mins and then just navigated back to the game listings. Nothing odd, it all operated as it should.

Maybe something with your provider or with the channel sourcing the broadcast of the game you were watching.

This is the first time I've used to TiVo MLB.tv app and have to say I'm impressed with the picture quality, much better than I thought it would be and although I haven't checked yet, it's definitely better than it looked last year on the PS3. Maybe it's because there's a light load on the servers as it's spring training, I'm hoping not though as it looks very good.
keenanSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:21 PM   #6
rrudd2

I'm brand new at TiVo, so I may have something screwed up. I will see what I can figure out as I go.

I really like the MLB.TV app too. Picture quality is excellent. App is very responsive. I just need to figure out what's causing the message to remain on the screen after the game I'm watching ends.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:08 AM   #7
frombhto323

I had intended to watch a spring training game on Monday when I was snowed in. Got the same message. Call CS, and after 10-15 of useless rote troubleshooting, the rep found out that spring training games are not available through Tivo, only regular season games. She didn't know why.

If anyone from Tivo is reading this message, please explain why.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:02 PM   #8
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Is it a case of you having to have full MLB Premium (which includes the spring training games) for it to work on a TiVo? Ie, is it the accounting is such that just the spring training package won't work?

I've had no problems; I have MLB Premium.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #9
keenanSR

I have the Premium package and spring training games have been working fine for me.
keenanSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:26 PM   #10
rrudd2

I specifically bought the MLB.TV Spring Training package that was available earlier this year. I wanted to try it before I committed to a full season.

I intend to buy the MLB.TV premium package before the season starts.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:11 PM   #11
frombhto323

I have MLB Premium and have been an uninterrupted subscriber for three years.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #12
frombhto323

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenanSR View Post
I have the Premium package and spring training games have been working fine for me.
Good to know. I'll try it again. MLB through Tivo is one of the major reasons I upgraded to Roamio in the first place.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:25 AM   #13
spaldingclan

I have the Premium package and Spring Training games on my Roamio are fantastic...the app is awesome and fast (unlike the P4)

To be honest the app ran just fine on the P4 but was just really sow last season...but the games still looked great
spaldingclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:07 AM   #14
szvers

I have been watching games on the roamio. When I watch a game, I hit the info button,but I can't go back to watching full screen. Which button do I press? Clear doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
szvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:17 PM   #15
spaldingclan

ok so I'm wrong...for some reason I can only watch about half the spring training games (there's no rhyme or reason as to which ones are allowed)

I did pay for MLB.TV premium
Old 03-08-2014, 04:18 PM   #16
humbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by szvers View Post
I have been watching games on the roamio. When I watch a game, I hit the info button,but I can't go back to watching full screen. Which button do I press? Clear doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks.
I believe that you can do it two ways, Info (again) or Zoom.
humbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:12 AM   #17
szvers

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaldingclan View Post
ok so I'm wrong...for some reason I can only watch about half the spring training games (there's no rhyme or reason as to which ones are allowed)

I did pay for MLB.TV premium

The games that are listed with the message "you are not authorized" is because there was no tv broadcast for that game that day.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:13 AM   #18
szvers

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbb View Post
I believe that you can do it two ways, Info (again) or Zoom.

Thank you , zoom worked.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:59 PM   #19
spaldingclan

Quote:
Originally Posted by szvers View Post
The games that are listed with the message "you are not authorized" is because there was no tv broadcast for that game that day.

Ha, that's funny...I just assumed all games are televised even though it's just spring training.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:11 PM   #20
wickerbill

So am I the only one whose TiVo crashes almost every time I use the mlb.tv app? I have tried using it both last Fall and earlier this week and it almost always crashes the TiVo and forces a reboot within an hour of starting. I have just gone back to my Apple TV because it interrupts recordings and is way too disruptive when the crash happens.
wickerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:10 PM   #21
szvers

Haven't experienced that with mlb.tv on the roamio.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:13 AM   #22
Ed_Hunt
Pokerpro

MLB Crash

Didn't have a crash problem on either my Premier or Roamio
1 Roamio OTA only
60" LG Plasma
60" Vizio 1080P
36" LG HD
Ed_Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:09 PM   #23
rocket777

crash, spoiler bug, etc.

I see the OP's message in a dialog box right after trying to pick the game. If I choose a game that's not listed on my pc as an available mlb.tv game, then the tivo app can't play it and I get the unauthorized message.

What I'm really miffed at is a spoiler bug when playing an archived game. The skip to inning shows you if the bottom of the 9th was not needed (i.e. by being blanked out or not), and so you then know that the home team won, though the scores are not shown. When the bottom of the 9th is available, you know the home team had to bat in the 9th, which can spoil it a bit too. This is not an issue with the pc version which never shows the bot 9th any differently.

I experienced a few other bugs while playing around and once it crashed the Tivo.

One time I had a Yankee game playing, while the jump to inning and game info was on a different game. This occurred while I was checking out the resume feature and was switching between a few games to see if it remembered where I last was. Interestingly, it remembered the position across crashes. I guess that's a plus.

The picture is great and the audio glitches I got during the post season package seem to have been fixed once SP started . But I still would like a way of choosing the resolution I want.
rocket777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:19 AM   #24
StevesWeb
Grumpy Old Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickerbill View Post
So am I the only one whose TiVo crashes almost every time I use the mlb.tv app? I have tried using it both last Fall and earlier this week and it almost always crashes the TiVo and forces a reboot within an hour of starting. I have just gone back to my Apple TV because it interrupts recordings and is way too disruptive when the crash happens.
I never had this issue until yesterday, when our Roamio rebooted twice while watching MLB. What was different yesterday was more people using our Internet connection simultaneously than usual in mid-day on our microwave Internet link.

I suspect that these reboots are occurring when network congestion interferes with smooth data flow. Of course the code should ideally have better error recovery than that, this problem is an opportunity for TiVo to improve.

Thank (insert deity) we have a Roku and an Apple TV and Macs and tablets so I can still watch baseball!
StevesWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:38 AM   #25
Ed_Hunt
Pokerpro

Mlb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket777 View Post
I see the OP's message in a dialog box right after trying to pick the game. If I choose a game that's not listed on my pc as an available mlb.tv game, then the tivo app can't play it and I get the unauthorized message.

What I'm really miffed at is a spoiler bug when playing an archived game. The skip to inning shows you if the bottom of the 9th was not needed (i.e. by being blanked out or not), and so you then know that the home team won, though the scores are not shown. When the bottom of the 9th is available, you know the home team had to bat in the 9th, which can spoil it a bit too. This is not an issue with the pc version which never shows the bot 9th any differently.

I experienced a few other bugs while playing around and once it crashed the Tivo.
One time I had a Yankee game playing, while the jump to inning and game info was on a different game. This occurred while I was checking out the resume feature and was switching between a few games to see if it remembered where I last was. Interestingly, it remembered the position across crashes. I guess that's a plus.

The picture is great and the audio glitches I got during the post season package seem to have been fixed once SP started . But I still would like a way of choosing the resolution I want.
I have called Tivo and MLB about the bottom of the ninth thing and obviously they don't care as its been a full season now and nothings been done. This program is good because its the only way i can watch The Red Sox, but if there were any other option i wouldnt pay for MLB.
1 Roamio OTA only
60" LG Plasma
60" Vizio 1080P
36" LG HD
Ed_Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:03 AM   #26
rrudd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket777 View Post
Thank you rocket777!!!

I got the message again twice this weekend, once on Saturday and once on Sunday. The Cubs were playing "split-squad" games, and I know I attempted to tune to both games each day, in order to figure out which one was blacked out.

I will test that scenario again if I have a chance to see if that is indeed the problem.