TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-12-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
dulipishi

Cannot get logitech harmony one to work correctly with Roamio Plus

I recently acquired a roamio plus which I set up with harmony one universal remote. I cannot get the Menu key to work (which is mapped to "Tivo").
The weird thing is that the extra button configured on the LCD named "Tivo"
(also mapped to "Tivo") works fine.

Any one had problems with getting the Menu button to work?

Also for some reason, I cannot get the Harmony to learn IR codes from the Tivo remote.
dulipishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:30 PM   #2
HenryFarpolo

Mine works fine. I didn't have to manually map the menu key to TIVO it was done automatically. In the software there is nothing next to MENU in the standard button command field.

Sometimes the IR learning process can be fickle. Try it a few times it should work if you are following the procedure correctly.
HenryFarpolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:39 PM   #3
sandman55

Mine works fine too. Didn't change anything when I changed from Premiere to Plus last month.
sandman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:34 PM   #4
Joe01880
I love my TiVo

With my Roamio Pro I had to map the Menu button to the TiVo button, but it was not a big deal to do so.
Also exit to Clear.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Roamio Pro- $99 yearly grandfathered MSD
Premiere- 2TB w/PLS
TiVo HD- 2TB w/ PLS For Sale $350
Series 2- Just sittin around
DVR40- yours if you want it
Connected via Ethernet
FiOS

Joe01880 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:32 AM   #5
AdamNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulipishi View Post
Also for some reason, I cannot get the Harmony to learn IR codes from the Tivo remote.
I am going to guess that is because your roamio plus remote is operating in RF mode (since that is how it normally operates). You need to switch it to be ir only and then you should be able to teach harmony anything. Then switch it back. I don't remember the key presses tha tyou need to do in order to switch it ir or rf. I think it's like tivo + d, or tivo + c. There are instructions somewhere on this board.

on Cablevision Raritan Valley system (Central NJ)
w/ Cisco PKM803 CableCARD on firmware 1.5.3.1101

*** 2013 newbie to Tivo ***
AdamNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #6
AdamNJ

Additionally, I gave up on trying to use my harmony remote as it was operating too slow compared to tivo provided remote. I tried different delays, eliminting delays...etc. If you get it working and it is fast enough, please post the device delays and what model harmony you have. My harmony remotes are older, but I don't expect that a new one would be any faster.

on Cablevision Raritan Valley system (Central NJ)
w/ Cisco PKM803 CableCARD on firmware 1.5.3.1101

*** 2013 newbie to Tivo ***
AdamNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:20 PM   #7
mpnret

Menu key mapped to TiVo works fine on both my Harmony One and Harmony 670. But can anyone with a Harmony verify this: After using the menu button on either of the Harmonies the "live tv" button will no longer cycle through the tuners on any of the remotes (670, har one, TiVo xl4 remote or Roamio remote). It takes a power cycle to bring the function back.
This isn't that big of a deal being I usually use the info button to cycle tuners but it is something odd that I have noticed.
mpnret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:27 PM   #8
evanborkow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpnret View Post
Menu key mapped to TiVo works fine on both my Harmony One and Harmony 670. But can anyone with a Harmony verify this: After using the menu button on either of the Harmonies the "live tv" button will no longer cycle through the tuners on any of the remotes (670, har one, TiVo xl4 remote or Roamio remote). It takes a power cycle to bring the function back.
This isn't that big of a deal being I usually use the info button to cycle tuners but it is something odd that I have noticed.
Not the case for my Harmony One and Roamio Basic.
evanborkow is offline   Reply With Quote