TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-09-2014, 08:00 AM   #1
Lorelei

Feel ready to upgrade from Premiere

We've had our Premiere since the first week it was released in 2010.

Netflix app is so slow and frustrating to use and our remote is close to death. We are due to renew our yearly subscription at the end of this month.

Does anyone know if there any upgrade offer for existing customers to upgrade to Roamio? The box looks gorgeous and it seems now is the perfect time.

I also noticed there is no more yearly subscriptions. Is that just for new customers or will we also be put onto monthly/lifetime instead and not grandfathered in.

We are just breaking down the cost of staying with Tivo vs just getting a TWC DVR and being done with it.
Lorelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:22 AM   #2
Lorelei

We just did a spreadsheet - we are better off upgrading to Roamio and getting lifetime. LOL

I could've sworn when we originally purchased our premiere there was an upgrade option for existing customers.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:49 AM   #3
eric102

They will probably offer you a $99 lifetime subscription on your old Premiere when you go to cancel it. If its still in good shape it might be it might be worth it as a second TiVo in another room or selling it for around $300.
eric102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:25 PM   #4
Lorelei

Sorry to bring back my thread but I was wondering what any of your advice is for changing over to Roamio.

I have a $75 off coupon for a Roamio when I purchase through the Tivo store.

So I added that to my shopping cart, and also a lifetime subscription. Then I was offered a $399 price that is a multi service discount. But we want to get RID of the premiere - so then we won't be multi service.... so what happens then?

Our premiere is due to renew (yearly) on March 30.

I just don't know what is the best process to swap over. I wish it was a lot clearer... everyone seems to get different discounts etc.

Any advice any of you could give would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 03-21-2014, 04:31 PM   #5
tarheelblue32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei View Post
Sorry to bring back my thread but I was wondering what any of your advice is for changing over to Roamio.

I have a $75 off coupon for a Roamio when I purchase through the Tivo store.

So I added that to my shopping cart, and also a lifetime subscription. Then I was offered a $399 price that is a multi service discount. But we want to get RID of the premiere - so then we won't be multi service.... so what happens then?

Our premiere is due to renew (yearly) on March 30.

I just don't know what is the best process to swap over. I wish it was a lot clearer... everyone seems to get different discounts etc.

Any advice any of you could give would be greatly appreciated!!
Someone posted recently in another thread that if you order a Roamio directly from TiVo and get them to sell you an unactivated one, that you can use the "PLSR" code to get the $100 off of the lifetime service when you activate it yourself. By doing it that way, you wouldn't have to worry about keeping the other unit active for the multi-service discount. I haven't done this myself, but I assume you would have to call up TiVo and tell them you are planning to transfer service to the Roamio from another TiVo box once you get it and so you need them to sell you a Roamio without service using your $75 coupon. Then once you get it, just activate it with lifetime using the "PLSR" code. Hopefully someone else who has actually done this will post about it here for you.

Here is the thread I referenced above:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=515780

Last edited by tarheelblue32 : 03-21-2014 at 04:45 PM.
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:36 PM   #6
jrtroo
User

The PLSR is a good piece of info in case you buy another box in the future. But, once you purchase lifetime it is purchased and they cannot go back and raise the price even if you did not use the code.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:47 PM   #7
tarheelblue32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
The PLSR is a good piece of info in case you buy another box in the future. But, once you purchase lifetime it is purchased and they cannot go back and raise the price even if you did not use the code.
That's true, since it's lifetime it really doesn't matter that much. Though if you can use the "PLSR" code to activate lifetime it is still a slight advantage over the standard multi-service discounted lifetime, as that box could then be used as the anchor for future multi-service discounts.
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote