TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-05-2014, 01:05 PM   #1
Rowsdower
The Final Sacrifice

Question Charter remote with "On Demand" button for Comcast/Xfinity

WeaKnees (through its website, Amazon.com storefront and eBay listings) sells a version of the TiVo Premiere remote control customized for Charter Cable (whose rollout stalled, resulting in a surplus).

Aside from the "Charter HD" logo, the only difference from the standard model is the addition of an "On Demand" button. Several TiVo Premiere owners have confirmed that this button is functional under Comcast (i.e. it loads Xfinity On Demand), but I've found no mention of this in reference to the Roamio line.

If a Comcast subscriber using this remote control with a Roamio/Roamio Plus/Roamio Pro DVR could comment on the button's functionality (or lack thereof), this would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Rowsdower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:29 PM   #2
TolloNodre
En Fuego

I happen to have the Charter remote as a replacement for my S3. I tried using it on my Roamio (Summer Update) and it does not work for me. In live TV it takes you to a "Service Not Available" screen. In Tivo Central it just gives the error sound.
TolloNodre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:07 PM   #3
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TolloNodre View Post
I happen to have the Charter remote as a replacement for my S3. I tried using it on my Roamio (Summer Update) and it does not work for me. In live TV it takes you to a "Service Not Available" screen. In Tivo Central it just gives the error sound.
Most of the time it works for me on Comcast CT.