TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-07-2014, 12:37 PM   #1
mtsmylie

New TiVo user's subscription question (PLSR ?)

I'll be receiving my first TiVo ever today, a Roamio Plus. I'm planning on using the PLSR code for the $399.99 lifetime subscription, but want to make sure everything works right first with our TWC service.

I was just on the web chat with a TiVo rep, and she said there's no grace/evaluation period, so my best bet would be to start with a monthly subscription, make sure everything works, then change it to a lifetime sub within the first 30 days. I'm open to doing that, but will I be able to use the PLSR code if I were to change it from monthly to lifetime? Or is PLSR only usable when I first activate it?

Thanks in advance!
mtsmylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #2
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

You have a 30-day money back guarantee on lifetime so there is little risk, but I think you can only use that code if you buy a Tivo from a third party and not Tivo itself.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #3
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsmylie View Post
I'll be receiving my first TiVo ever today, a Roamio Plus. I'm planning on using the PLSR code for the $399.99 lifetime subscription, but want to make sure everything works right first with our TWC service. I was just on the web chat with a TiVo rep, and she said there's no grace/evaluation period, so my best bet would be to start with a monthly subscription, make sure everything works, then change it to a lifetime sub within the first 30 days. I'm open to doing that, but will I be able to use the PLSR code if I were to change it from monthly to lifetime? Or is PLSR only usable when I first activate it? Thanks in advance!
It should work fine, I've done it for mine.
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #4
mtsmylie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
You have a 30-day money back guarantee on lifetime so there is little risk, but you can only use that code if you buy a Tivo from a third party and not Tivo itself.
Yep, bought it from a third-party retailer, so I think I'm OK.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:42 PM   #5
mtsmylie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
It should work fine, I've done it for mine.
Glad to hear it! Thanks!
Old 03-08-2014, 07:43 AM   #6
steve614
what ru lookin at?

I don't think that CSR knew what he was talking about.
All previous Tivos have had a 7 day evaluation period. The Roamios should be no different.

Before activating, you should be able to fully set up your Roamio to the configuration you're going to use (cable card, etc.) and run though guided setup. You then should have limited functionality -- most features will be disabled, but you will have the core functionality of recording, setting up season passes, etc.

If you power up your Roamio and find that it does not have an evaluation period, refer to the following thread and try the suggestion in the first post.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...96#post9809096

Edit: I see that you already found that thread...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!

Last edited by steve614 : 03-08-2014 at 08:35 AM.
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:43 AM   #7
godsey1

I did buy my Roamio from a seller on E-Bay, did the monthly sub, and found that we love it, and a few days later I cancelled the sub and turned right around and did the lifetime code. It worked out great for us.

Tony
godsey1 is offline   Reply With Quote