TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:20 PM   #1
dlongnecker

Roamio CableCard and VOD Problem Solved

I have been trying to get my new Roamio to work with premium channels and I had the infamous VOD freeze problem. I am on my 5th Cable Card. Tried the Comcast CableCard number over 30 times to get it to paired. Tivo Support was all over the SNR numbers. I ran across a suggestion on a Tivo Board and it worked....so after a month trying, the solution was rather easy.

First, Logon to your Comcast Account and select Services (in the middle top) and then Equipment on the Right. The card in your Roamio must show up as MOTOROLA TIVOPMHST

On the COMCAST site for my ACCOUNT, my TIVO box was showing up as:

Make & Model: MOTOROLA MOTORHOST

On Tuesday I sent a e-mail to the comcastcares e-mail address asking them to change the make and model to

Make & Model: MOTOROLA TIVOPMHST

I also provided them my CableCARD ID, Host ID: 035-013-723-471-1, Data,
UnitAddress, and Card S/N.

I asked them to make the change and re-pair my equipment. And, I didn't need a call.

On Wednesday morning, I turned on my TV and VOD worked like a champ. I tried my premium channels, and they too worked like a champ. I logged on to my Comcast account and my Make & Model was now correct.

My SNR is still 42 and my signal strength is still 100%. So those who say the problem is on Comcast setting side are 100% correct. And, this is a good way to verify they have you configured correctly.
dlongnecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:08 PM   #2
kbmb

Interesting theory....I have 2 Roamio's....a basic and a pro. Both on Comcast, both with Motorola cards.

In my Comcast account, my Pro is listed as Make & Model: MOTOROLA MOTORHOST
My Basic is listed as: Make & Model: MOTOROLA TIVOPMHST

VOD works perfect on both.

Just thought I'd share. But I do think maybe you are onto something that could at least give some people who are having problems hope.

It's a damn shame Tivo can't get together with Comcast to hammer out the details, especially since Comcast is rolling this out to everyone!

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:43 PM   #3
AdamNJ

I think this is the same as getting the Tivo billing coded added to your account. Others have stated that this is what is required to get VOD to work.

So for kbmb, even though one might be listed wrong, he must have the tivo billing code on the account, so it works for both.

on Cablevision Raritan Valley system (Central NJ)
w/ Cisco PKM803 CableCARD on firmware 1.5.3.1101

*** 2013 newbie to Tivo ***
AdamNJ is offline   Reply With Quote