TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-02-2014, 12:46 PM   #1
jhjones75

pyTivo and automating pulls

I'm using pytivo with a Premiere Elite and a Stream. Works great for viewing stuff and I'm happy with the setup.

I like to transfer my own stuff to the tivo and watch it with the stream, but it's an extreme pain with having to change it to an mpg and then go to the Tivo and do a pull.

Does anyone know if there's a way to remotely instigate a pull from the Tivo? For example, sometimes I'm away from home and want a video that I have on my PC to be available on the tivo and able to stream. I'd settle for some manual way of doing this thru the Tivo browsable interface or the ipad app, or even some automatic sweep of a folder.

Any ideas/help out there?
jhjones75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:58 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

From the PC side, that would be called a "Push" and you should be able to go to your shares and push them.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:04 PM   #3
jhjones75

That is correct, but from the PC side when you push the files Tivo sets the copy protection bit so that you can't watch it thru the Stream, which is why you need to PULL it from the Tivo NPL.
jhjones75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:07 PM   #4
moyekj

Slingbox is better suited for what you want to do since with Sling it's like you're sitting in front of TiVo, so you start a pull and then start watching it. If you have both Slingbox and iOS App and prefer the iOS App for watching then you can start the pull using Slingbox and then use Stream + iOS App to watch it. (I have both so can do what I suggest).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:08 PM   #5
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Use KMTTG in conjunction with PyTivo. It also has remote functions onscreen that will mock your remote, but you would need to see your Tivo screen as well.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote