TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-25-2014, 04:28 PM   #1
Retired1

Netflix Error

I just picked up a used Premiere XL and Netflix does't work which seems to be common now. I also get the "We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title." aip-702 error. I also had no luck with TiVo or Netflix tech support resolving the issue. If anyone finds a fix, please post it!
Retired1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:16 PM   #2
mrizzo80

Try Settings & Messages --> Account & System Info --> Netflix Account Information --> Deactivate this device (I'm assuming this option exists in the Premiere codebase)

Then authenticate again by launching Netflix.

Was the TiVo "wiped" before the previous user sent it to you?
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:46 PM   #3
Retired1

mrizzo80 thanks for the reply. I did try this before and I just tried deactivating and launching Netflix again, signed in and after choosing a video it would play for about 30 seconds, the screen flashes and the same error comes up. If I select another title the same thing happens. The unit was wiped when I received it and it has been transferred by TiVo to me. I tried every fix on all of the forums I could find and none have worked. You Tube plays fine on the TiVo. I am running 20.3.8-01-2-748/2013.2.1 software. Netflix app 2013.2.1/nrdlib 2013.2.1 I got into the Netflix trouble shooting screen (Up-Up-Dn-Dn-Lt-Rt-Lt-Rt-Up-Up-Up-Up) and passed their connectivity tests and etc.

Any other ideas are welcome. TiVo and Netflix were no help with issue.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #4
mrizzo80

Sounds like you are not alone. Perhaps you can call back until you get a CSR that is aware of the issue and have them add your TSN to the list of boxes affected by this issue?

http://forums.tivo.com/pe/action/for...ostID=11173080
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:56 AM   #5
Retired1

mrizzo80 thanks again for replying. I did see that others were having the issue. As far as I know I, have been added to the list by TiVo of people with the same issue. They ask me to call back next week if it does not start to work on it's own somehow.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:44 AM   #6
jrtroo
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired1 View Post
I just picked up a used Premiere XL and Netflix does't work which seems to be common now.
Sorry you are having this issue, but it is not really common. If that were the case, there would be TONS of complaints all over these boards. Mine works just fine.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:53 AM   #7
Retired1

I guess that common was not the proper word to use, but it is not an isolated issue since at least a few people are having the same problem. I'm glad for you that your's works fine and I am happy that most people don't have this issue.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:57 AM   #8
Diablo

I have the exact same problem!!! And what's worse I have 2 TiVo's and they both have that problem!!
Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:19 PM   #9
CloudAtlas

Netflix aip-702 error

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrizzo80 View Post
Sounds like you are not alone. Perhaps you can call back until you get a CSR that is aware of the issue and have them add your TSN to the list of boxes affected by this issue?

http://forums.tivo.com/pe/action/for...ostID=11173080
If you google for "aip-702 error" you will see this is not a TiVo related problem but a Netflix problem. Netflix has a page dedicated to these errors

Title Not Available for Playback

When a movie has been removed from our library, or when your Netflix player is unable to connect to Netflix, you may see one of the following errors. In some cases, these error messages may also be accompanied by one or more error codes beginning with UI, AIP, or TVP:

Title Not Available for Playback
We're having a problem starting your Netflix, please try again later
We are having trouble playing this title right now, please try again later
We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title
An error occurred loading this content. Try again later.
If you encounter one of these errors, try the troubleshooting steps below.

Attempt to search for the title again
If you cannot find your title again on search, check back later. Content rotates in and out of our available library, or may be removed temporarily to address a technical issue.
If you can find your title, attempt to play it. If you still get the error, move on to the next step.
Play another title
If another title plays without error, go to your Instant Watching Activity page and click on the "Report problem" link next to the first title you were trying to play. If there is no "Report problem" link, the problem was automatically reported to us.
If you're still running into issues after trying the steps above, select your device from the list below for additional troubleshooting steps.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/276‎
CloudAtlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:39 AM   #10
Retired1

Since I bought my TiVo used, I thought that it may be defective and that was causing the problem connecting with Netflix. That was the reason I was trying to figure out if the problem was a TiVo issue or a Netflix issue. I am very happy with the TiVo and their support has been great. I use it to time shift over the air programs that come on past my bedtime. It works way better then the Dish DTV Pal that I had before it died. As for Netflix, I would rather use my PS3 anyhow for that as it works great with Netflix and it supports 3D video. So thanks for the response and have a great day!