TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-06-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
dnorth12

Over 3 hours to transfer 30 minute program

And I really don't know how much longer than 3 hours as I couldn't stay awake any longer. Wireless room to room transfer was so much faster between my old Series 2 and 3. Now that I have two Premiers it is just like molasses, watching grass grow, etc. I am overjoyed.

And no I do not have all the new connectivity setup that I probably should. Just using the little wireless G flip open thingy ma bobs.
dnorth12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:09 PM   #2
celtic pride

I have 2 tivo premier xl2 and i last night i transferd 3 30 minute shows in less than 15 minutes but i dont use the G adapter i use a cisco powerline adapter on verizon fios .You may have to try something different than that G adapter.
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:44 PM   #3
bparker

You may be getting lots of conflicts, so it's retrying and retrying. Try switching channels on your wireless and reconnecting.
bparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:12 PM   #4
eric102

Throw the wireless crap in the garbage and make a wired connection, either Ethernet or MOCA. A 30 minute program should take less than 5 minutes to transfer between 2 premiers.
eric102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:07 PM   #5
dnorth12

I decided to try to upgrade my connection speed.

First step was to buy 2 wireless N adapters to replace the G's. (mistake, maybe not - read further)

OK so the N's didn't do anything for me. Have Comcast 2.4 wireless modem/router. Speed is limited by it.

Flashbulb!! I have the moca adapter that came with the Premier. Never looked at it or considered it. So I hook it up along with the point of entry filter that was also included with the moca and viola, I can't get the second Premier to connect via moca on the N or the G adapter. Probably to many splitters in the system.

That was yesterday.

Today another flashbulb. I have a Time Capsule that has a dual band airport. Turn it on and connect one of the N's to it and b-bam. I am now transferring video faster than I can watch it and it is plenty fast for me.

So I now have two wireless networks working. The 2.4 dedicated to everything not TiVo. And of course the faster band to the TiVo.

I feel like an idiot and a genius at the same time, but I accomplished what I needed to.
dnorth12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:14 PM   #6
eric102

Congrats! As long as it transfers faster than you can watch it doesn't matter how it got there.
eric102 is offline   Reply With Quote