TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-12-2014, 10:38 PM   #1
JZ1276

So what's the latest with transferring copyrighted recordings?

Has a way around this been found yet? Just recorded The Abyss in it's correct aspect ratio from HBO which isnt available on Blu and is non-anamorphic on DVD.
Would love to be able to transfer this over to my PC but of course it's copyrighted. Thanks for any input!
JZ1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:06 PM   #2
moyekj

Getting a digital copy, no. Only way is exploiting "analog hole" to record analog output using capture card or capturing Slingbox output.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:35 AM   #3
JZ1276

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Getting a digital copy, no. Only way is exploiting "analog hole" to record analog output using capture card or capturing Slingbox output.
Not even worth doing it that way. Can't believe no one has ever found a workaround for this copy protection nonsense.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #4
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ1276 View Post
Can't believe no one has ever found a workaround for this copy protection nonsense.
There is a workaround if you have an S3 OLED or older Tivo. Two problems though:
1) It involves a hardware modification where SMD soldering skills are needed, along with knowledge of E-proms and programming them.
2) It is a topic/procedure that can't be fully discussed due to the rules of this forum.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #5
JZ1276

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
There is a workaround if you have an S3 OLED or older Tivo. Two problems though:
1) It involves a hardware modification where SMD soldering skills are needed, along with knowledge of E-proms and programming them.
2) It is a topic/procedure that can't be fully discussed due to the rules of this forum.
Have a Roamio, shouldve mentioned that.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:53 PM   #6
TexasGrillChef

The Copy Protected shows from the networks on cable, and does vary from cable company to cable company. Time Warner is the worst though. I think is all stupid.

Legally we do have the right to make copies digital BACKUP copies of the things we own. Yet there are many methods being used to prevent us from doing so.

We paid for our cable TV service, we paid for HBO. We can record it to our TiVo to watch for as long as we keep the shows on our TiVo. Yet we can't move them anywhere for backup purposes. Its just dumb.

And they wonder why pirating is such a big thing!

Anyways that's my rant on the subject... sorry.

You can look on the internet, there are some devices you can get that bypass/unencrypt the HDCP signal. And If you have a HDMI capture card you could get it off the TiVo. Although count on spending $500-700 for both of those devices (total)

TGC
TexasGrillChef is offline   Reply With Quote