TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-07-2014, 12:08 PM   #31
moyekj

Easiest way to enter all of these is while playing back an existing recording (not live TV). The 1st one (SPSPS) cannot be reliably entered using TiVo remote and easiest entered using kmttg remote macro for it.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:55 PM   #32
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Easiest way to enter all of these is while playing back an existing recording (not live TV). The 1st one (SPSPS) cannot be reliably entered using TiVo remote and easiest entered using kmttg remote macro for it.

Never had a problem entering that code with the TiVo remote or my Harmony One.

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:59 AM   #33
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Never had a problem entering that code with the TiVo remote or my Harmony One.
Before 20.3 software update one had to find a pause Ad or use Showcase video to enter it with normal remote. On Roamio it now seems to works normally, but for a Mini it still does not. Only way I get it to work on Mini is via kmttg Remote macro.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #34
canbonbon

Unfortunately not working for me

Quote:
These are SPS codes that work for series 4 & 5 TiVos:
(All except 30 sec skip are not sticky and need to be re-entered upon reboot)
Code:
Quick clear play bar    Select-Play-Select-Pause-Select
Clock                   Select-Play-Select-9-Select
30 sec skip             Select-Play-Select-3-0-Select
Information             Select-Play-Select-Replay-Select
4xFF                    Select-Play-Select-8-8-Select
Unfortunately the codes are not working for me. I have a new Roamio and I am using the remote that came with it.

I have a recording of SNL that I brought over from my old TIVO HD. I am particularly interested in the 30 second skip, so I started that recording. Then I pressed the Select key, then the play key, then the select key, then the 3 key, then the 0 key then finally the select key again.

But nothing happens. The -> key still goes forward the same way it was doing before.

Could someone let me know what I am doing wrong as I am sure I must have missed a step? I see from other messages that I need to be watching a recording while doing this. So does the recording need to be done on this TIVO or could it be a recording it brought over from another TIVO HD. Any help would be appreciated.
canbonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:19 AM   #35
waynomo
My One Time

New Roamio here too. I'm having trouble too. I think it can be on any recording.

I tried using both the Roamio remote and KMTTG. With KMTTG I was able to get the information code to work but that's it. I didn't try and get the information code to work using the remote. I'll try that later.

I've entered these codes successfully before on my TiVoHD and series 1 so I know I can do it.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:35 AM   #36
moyekj

If you have TiVo sounds turned off it helps to temporarily enable them so you can listen for the confirmation that happens when codes take. If using kmttg, note that you should be using the "SPS backdoor" button along with the pulldown giving you the selection of codes to execute.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:45 AM   #37
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
If you have TiVo sounds turned off it helps to temporarily enable them so you can listen for the confirmation that happens when codes take. If using kmttg, note that you should be using the "SPS backdoor" button along with the pulldown giving you the selection of codes to execute.
So with kmttg, select the code from the drop down and then click on the SPS backdoor button? That's what I did.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:34 AM   #38
canbonbon

Quote:
If you have TiVo sounds turned off it helps to temporarily enable them so you can listen for the confirmation that happens when codes take.
So this does not make any sense because even if I have the sounds turned on, because I am playing the recording, the only sound we hear is the recording playback. So not sure what you are saying. Should I do this on Tivo Menu screen? Then I can hear the sounds. I am sure I am missing something very obvious here because this has worked for so many folks, so it should work for me as well.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:52 AM   #39
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canbonbon View Post
So this does not make any sense because even if I have the sounds turned on, because I am playing the recording, the only sound we hear is the recording playback. So not sure what you are saying. Should I do this on Tivo Menu screen? Then I can hear the sounds. I am sure I am missing something very obvious here because this has worked for so many folks, so it should work for me as well.
If the code is successfully recognized by the software, you will hear a sound at the end of the sequence (I think the "thumbs up" sound). If you attempt to enter the code during a recording but don't hear anything at the end, the sequence was not properly recognized by the Tivo and you should try again.

Entering the codes can be a bit tricky. Do your best to press the buttons at a consistent pace between pushes.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #40
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
So with kmttg, select the code from the drop down and then click on the SPS backdoor button? That's what I did.
That's right, and do it while playing back an existing recording on the TiVo. For me it works 1st time, but perhaps you need to try a few times to get it to work.

Old 03-11-2014, 01:16 PM   #41
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
That's right, and do it while playing back an existing recording on the TiVo. For me it works 1st time, but perhaps you need to try a few times to get it to work.
Finally got the 30 second skip to work using kmttg.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:25 PM   #42
canbonbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
Finally got the 30 second skip to work using kmttg.
Unfortunately still no go for me but I am trying via remote. I guess I will now have to install kmttg and try with that.

It is still unclear to me how folks can hear the command sounds when the recording is playing. I do not hear any click sounds, so maybe there is something different about the TIVO I got.

I will try kmttg and report back.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:34 PM   #43
waynomo
My One Time

Are you listening through your TV or through your sound system? After I turned the sounds back on (settings > audio > sound effects volume) I couldn't hear most of them because I was listening through my sound system. I had to listen through my analog headphones to hear them. Of course I still couldn't get the codes to work with my remote.

Kmttg is a pretty easy install and lots of support here if help is needed.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:09 PM   #44
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canbonbon View Post
It is still unclear to me how folks can hear the command sounds when the recording is playing. I do not hear any click sounds, so maybe there is something different about the TIVO I got.
Misunderstood that earlier. I'm guessing you have your audio settings set to Dolby Digital, which doesn't allow Tivo sounds during playback. You could go into your audio settings on the Roamio and temporarily change your audio to PCM. You'll hear sounds during playback using that setting.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:13 PM   #45
Joe01880
I love my TiVo

I got all the codes to work using the Pro Glide remote.
Make sure you are trying the codes while watching a program that has been recorded, while the program is playing. Do not pause the show then start the code, the show must be playing like your watching it and you try the code with the show in progress.

I also run TiVo through my receiver, (Pioneer Elite VSX-60) sometimes I hear TiVo talking, sometimes not. It had no bearing on the codes working or not.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Roamio Pro- $99 yearly grandfathered MSD
Premiere- 2TB w/PLS
TiVo HD- 2TB w/ PLS For Sale $350
Series 2- Just sittin around
DVR40- yours if you want it
Connected via Ethernet
FiOS

Joe01880 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:32 PM   #46
midas
I heard that

Quote:
Before 20.3 software update one had to find a pause Ad or use Showcase video to enter it with normal remote. On Roamio it now seems to works normally, but for a Mini it still does not. Only way I get it to work on Mini is via kmttg Remote macro.
I wasn't even able to get the 4FF code working on the Mini using kmttg. It kept getting Telnet connection failures. But after seeing a hint somewhere else I was finally able to get it working. The hint, watch a recorded program and hit the right arrow first. IOW, do it with the info banner showing.
midas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:47 PM   #47
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by midas View Post
I wasn't even able to get the 4FF code working on the Mini using kmttg. It kept getting Telnet connection failures. But after seeing a hint somewhere else I was finally able to get it working. The hint, watch a recorded program and hit the right arrow first. IOW, do it with the info banner showing.
Ah yes, for the Mini you have to manually turn on "Enable iPad style communications with this TiVo" option in kmttg config-Tivos tab for the Mini, else it will use telnet to communicate with Mini instead of RPC, and the SPS macros won't work.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:44 PM   #48
Bytez

What does the "Quick clear play bar" do?
Bytez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:38 AM   #49
moonscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytez View Post
What does the "Quick clear play bar" do?
It makes the green progress bar disappear when pausing a recorded program. You can see see the progress bar by pressing play.
moonscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:14 AM   #50
GBL
covert opiniative

Quote:
Code:
What about CCEE codes? (Don't have a Roamio yet.)

E. g., on Series 3, on the System Information Display, pressing Clear Clear Enter Enter 0 brings up a short menu with an option to view System Logs. System logs can be quite useful for diagnosing problems.

unpaid volunteer, TiVo army
GBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #51
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBL View Post
E. g., on Series 3, on the System Information Display, pressing Clear Clear Enter Enter 0 brings up a short menu with an option to view System Logs. System logs can be quite useful for diagnosing problems.
That still works on Roamio. However I don't use it since it resets the remote code to 0 when you do that, and I have it set to non-zero setting (because I have a Mini in same room driving a Slingbox).

Old 05-18-2014, 12:49 PM   #52
GBL
covert opiniative

Quote:
That still works on Roamio. However I don't use it since it resets the remote code to 0 when you do that, and I have it set to non-zero setting (because I have a Mini in same room driving a Slingbox).
Good to know, thanks for checking. CCEE 0 does not change the remote code on my Series 3s. Maybe that's a "bug" on the Roamio.

unpaid volunteer, TiVo army
GBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #53
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBL View Post
Good to know, thanks for checking. CCEE 0 does not change the remote code on my Series 3s. Maybe that's a "bug" on the Roamio.
It's never done that on any of my three base Roamios, either.

I do have each set to the same RF and IR number for that specific unit & corresponding remote. Otherwise, if the remote should happen to fallback to IR (like due to a low battery), I'd be hitting them all with the IR from the remote IR at 0 (default), or if the TiVos were all set to 0 (default), they'd accept any IR from any remote.

Most probably don't realize that you have to switch to IR mode with each remote and each TiVo in order to set the IR to something other than 0, on both the remote and the TiVo. Mine only show the IR assignment on System Information, not the RF assignment.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:27 PM   #54
leepoffaith

Quote:
Code:
Thank you soooo much for this!! The 30 sec skip is awesome! I didn't think much of it at first and I thought I'd just give it a try. It turns out I really like not having to watch it fast forward through everything. I think this is what "The Hopper" did with Dish Network and they call it commercial skipping. I understand why Tivo doesn't make this standard, but as long as they keep a backdoor to it I'll be happy.

Verizon FiOS TV Prime
Fully Loaded Entertainment Package
Verizon FiOS 75/35 Internet
leepoffaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:07 PM   #55
celtic pride

I hope i didnt mess up.I just added the clear bar and 30 second skip and it works great on my wifes tivo,What happens if she doesn't like the changes?Can i go back to the original setting? and if so how do i go back?
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #56
moyekj

Just enter code again to reverse the setting. (Also for all except 30 they reset automatically upon reboot).

Old 05-21-2014, 06:52 PM   #57
celtic pride

Thanks! for that info,Everythings cool my wife liked the new settings with the codes so i put them on both our tivo premieres
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote