TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-26-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
bmgoodman

Weird search/record glitch

On Sunday, 2/16, I searched for "Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon", but I couldn't find it using the normal "Search". So I then did a "Find by Channel". There, I found TSSJF, with the first episode Monday 2/17 at midnight (well, actually Tuesday 2/18 since it was midnight) and created a season pass. I'm pretty sure I then checked and saw it on the ToDo list. Tuesday evening, I couldn't find the first episode. There was nothing in the History about it at all. The ToDo list showed upcoming episodes, as expected.

Last evening, 2/25, I did a search for the new "Mind Games", but I couldn't find it via "Search". So again, I did a "Find by Channel" and created a season pass. Again, I think it was on the ToDo list for last night. Today, it's not there and there's nothing about it in History. The 3/4 episode is on the ToDo list.

I've never had issues like this with any of my previous Tivos.
bmgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:16 PM   #2
bmgoodman

So I've now learned a lesson about troubleshooting when I'm under the weather. And that is to double-check everything! I had the Mind Games episode after all. Not sure how I missed it.

The Tonight Show, though, definitely didn't record.

And that still leaves the issue of why neither turned up via "Search" but I could find both by channel.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:09 PM   #3
tatergator1

The default setting for search is something like "Best Match", such that the Tivo database employs a ranking system based on what users type in and what they ultimately select. There seems to be a delay when it comes to this ranking, so new shows inevitably never show up at the top of the list as you would expect, or even at all at the very beginning. Both instances in question involve a new show/new show title.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:58 PM   #4
celtic pride

wouldnt it just be easier to bring up the guide menu and your local nbc channel?( 504 here in so cal.) Then just advance the tivo guide to the day and time then just hit record or set up a season pass?
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:41 AM   #5
bmgoodman

It might be easier, but many times I'm looking for new shows where I don't know the exact date/time. And "Search" seems not to be finding everything that's in the guide. I'm saying that *everything* I can find manually by time or channel should also appear when I do a search. But this is NOT the case.