TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Suggestion Avenue
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-27-2014, 03:00 PM   #1
Diana Collins

Option to display other DVRs at top

This may be a bigger problem on the Roamio Pro than other DVRs, but having other available DVRs listed at the end of the My Shows list is a bit annoying. I know which DVR certain programs record on and would like to be able to just hit "right" once I'm on the My Shows list to get the list on the other DVR. As it is, I have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the list, which is already several pages long (after having the 2 Pros for a month) and keeps getting longer. It would be soooo much easier if the other DVR were at the top of the list (as an option, at least).

Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006
Diana Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:12 PM   #2
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Collins View Post
This may be a bigger problem on the Roamio Pro than other DVRs, but having other available DVRs listed at the end of the My Shows list is a bit annoying. I know which DVR certain programs record on and would like to be able to just hit "right" once I'm on the My Shows list to get the list on the other DVR. As it is, I have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the list, which is already several pages long (after having the 2 Pros for a month) and keeps getting longer. It would be soooo much easier if the other DVR were at the top of the list (as an option, at least).
Has Tivo changed and no longer uses the -> button to skip to the bottom?
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:18 PM   #3
jrtroo
User

That works on all lists as well. This question is second only to those who don't know to use the zoom button to get to full screen content from the preview window.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:49 PM   #4
dbattaglia001

Quote:
From the TiVo you tube video on the upcoming third column for categories, there will be a category for "Devices" and the video shows that this will contain the other TiVos on your network. So should get easier with the summer update.
dbattaglia001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:37 PM   #5
Jed1

Quote:
Right now if you hit the scan/skip button, the button above the green D button, it will drop you down to the end of the list. If you hit it again it will bring you back to the top of the list. This works anywhere in the TiVo menu system.

Also once we get the summer update you will be able to move the devices to the top of the list. If you look at the TiVo YouTube video at the 1:05 minute mark you will see that being done. This is the same way you can change the priority of your Season Passes.

click here to watch the video
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

Jed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:38 AM   #6
jay_winter
P4+PXL4+Mini+FIOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
That works on all lists as well. This question is second only to those who don't know to use the zoom button to get to full screen content from the preview window.
jrtroo -- Please elaborate , because I'm one of those people!
What is the "zoom" button? Thanks!
Old 06-30-2014, 12:55 PM   #7
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

here on premiere and roamio remotes:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tivoremotes.jpg (34.8 KB, 96 views)

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:46 PM   #8
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
here on premiere and roamio remotes:
Also note, the button was labelled "Aspect" on earlier remotes, and "Window" before that. That is to say, the button has pretty much always been there, but, it's only had a function since the HR10-250, and of course it's only had the preview window -> full screen function since the introduction of the HDUI, with the Premiere. But if you happen to have an older remote with an Aspect or Window button, it will do the same operation on a newer TiVo.

I mention this because I don't understand how jay_winter has missed the "Zoom" button, unless for some reason he actually doesn't have it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:08 PM   #9
jay_winter
P4+PXL4+Mini+FIOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
Also note, the button was labelled "Aspect" on earlier remotes, and "Window" before that. That is to say, the button has pretty much always been there, but, it's only had a function since the HR10-250, and of course it's only had the preview window -> full screen function since the introduction of the HDUI, with the Premiere. But if you happen to have an older remote with an Aspect or Window button, it will do the same operation on a newer TiVo.

I mention this because I don't understand how jay_winter has missed the "Zoom" button, unless for some reason he actually doesn't have it.
Ha-Ha! How indeed! I was confused by the reference to the "Zoom button" because I always knew this button as the "Aspect" button. I never learned of its latest function until now!

Thanks, wmcbrine!
Old 07-02-2014, 01:26 PM   #10
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
Has Tivo changed and no longer uses the -> button to skip to the bottom?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
Both the skip key and the Channel Up/Down key work when moving an SP entry as well.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:20 PM   #11
Diana Collins

Ok, I feel totally stupid. I haven't used Tivo in a few years, and the Roamio is our first HD TiVo, so I never knew about skip's use in lists.

Thanks for educating me.

Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006
Diana Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:15 PM   #12
Jonathan_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Both the skip key and the Channel Up/Down key work when moving an SP entry as well.
Although depending on where I'm moving it to the ability (in the HD interface) to simply type in a SP's new position in the list can be even handier.