TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-23-2014, 11:38 PM   #1
getreal
postcrastinator

The Walking Dead S04E11 - Claimed

Loved the dramatic tension in the house with Rick hiding from the intruders.

Michonne is very pretty when she smiles ... glad she is still there.

Glenn is a self-centered a-hole for stubbornly jeopardizing four people so he can continue his quest for Maggie.

I'm not crazy about that scientist fella'. He'd better be worth it.

And the butt on Rosita the new girl ... wow! <boing!>

I can see Abraham Ford is going to be a big player. A man on a mission.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:42 PM   #2
Hank
AC•FTW

What a snoozer of an episode. Blah.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:43 PM   #3
getreal
postcrastinator

Hank, we must've watched different shows. Or started drinking hours apart from each other.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:03 AM   #4
Hank
AC•FTW

There are just too many sub plots, it's too disjointed. I count at least four major plot lines (groups), maybe 5? And they only let one or two play out per episode? Boring. And even more people making stupid decisions like Glenn and the scientist with the full auto gun taking out their only transport. All roads lead to sanctuary ... And they'll all be reunited ("because it feels so good"). BOOORRRRING.

But yeah, that new girl is a looker.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:26 AM   #5
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
Loved the dramatic tension in the house with Rick hiding from the intruders.

Glenn is a self-centered a-hole for stubbornly jeopardizing four people so he can continue his quest for Maggie.
I was extremely bored with Rick hiding in the house. Typical horror / sitcom BS.

Glenn is fine. He is looking for his wife. As he should be. The selfish, stubborn person is the scientist, and perhaps the soldier. If this mythical mission is so important, and they need Glenn so badly, then they should tell him exactly why and let him decide. Not try to bully him or demoralize him into abandoning his wife.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:30 AM   #6
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
And the butt on Rosita the new girl ... wow! <boing!>
Highslide JS

Me likes
Old 02-24-2014, 12:44 AM   #7
john4200

Here's Christian Serratos' PETA photo (probably NSFW):

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_aRE25RtcVM...+christian.jpg

Last edited by john4200 : 02-24-2014 at 12:57 AM.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:58 AM   #8
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I hated the stuff with Rick in the house. Why would he move from under the bed? He should have been content to stay under that bed for days if he needed to, just to wait until those people left. He had no way to know if the floor would creak when he moved, or if the guy on the bed was a light sleeper.

And then when he went in the bathroom and clearly wasn't very quiet while closing the door, when there was someone else right outside, that was just ridiculous. But then he gets in a big fight in the bathroom, slamming into walls, knocking stuff off the counter, etc., and yet the others in the house don't hear anything? Maybe they were all deaf.

As Hank said, I'll be glad when the group is reunited. These disjointed stories seem kind of lame, since we know they're all going to eventually find each other.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:59 AM   #9
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I hated the stuff with Rick in the house. Why would he move from under the bed? He should have been content to stay under that bed for days if he needed to, just to wait until those people left.
Well, he had to worry what would happen when Michonne and his son came back, so I can understand him wanting to get out to head them off. But all the silly situations he got into seemed like a cross between an episode of Three's Company and a bad horror movie. Trite and boring.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:25 AM   #10
Beryl

It was a decent episode. I always enjoy the Carl and Michonne dynamic. Rick was seen so he had to get out before the guy that passed out wakes up and exposes him. Besides that, he had to protect Carl and Michonne from the crazies.

Glen bugged me a bit but his motive to leave made sense. It is the "scientist" that irritated me the most. He shoots up the truck instead of firing in the air or honking the horn to get the attention if the rest. He then has the nerve to say, "I'm smarter than you." Don't think so.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:56 AM   #11
wedgecon
Just Plain Awesome

While nice to look at I don't think it is very safe to be wearing short shorts in the Zombie Apocalypse.

wedgecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:56 AM   #12
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
I hated the stuff with Rick in the house. Why would he move from under the bed? He should have been content to stay under that bed for days if he needed to, just to wait until those people left. He had no way to know if the floor would creak when he moved, or if the guy on the bed was a light sleeper.
Except then he would have been within reach when the dead guy turned (which obviously happened soon after he left the house, given the gunfire). So I have no problem with him trying to leave.
Quote:
And then when he went in the bathroom and clearly wasn't very quiet while closing the door, when there was someone else right outside, that was just ridiculous. But then he gets in a big fight in the bathroom, slamming into walls, knocking stuff off the counter, etc., and yet the others in the house don't hear anything? Maybe they were all deaf.
Yeah, that was all pretty dumb. I wonder if it's another example of the people writing the show and the people who film it being (almost literally) on different pages...
Old 02-24-2014, 04:33 AM   #13
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
I hated the stuff with Rick in the house. Why would he move from under the bed?
Because he knew Michonne and Carl would be returning.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:23 AM   #14
BlueMerle
Domo Arigato

I'm not ready to say TWD has jumped the shark, but in this episode they put the boat in the water, started the engine and are waxing the skis!

A.) The fight over the bed was soo totally contrived. And who in their right mind would choke a man until he's passed out or dead and then lie down a few feet away and go to sleep?

1.) If he's passed out he's going to kill you when he comes to.

2.) If he's dead he's going to kill you when he turns.

3.) ????

4.) Profit!

B.) They couldn't have made more noise during the bathroom fight scene if they'd put a marching band in there with them. That we're to believe that no one heard that fight is insulting at best.

C.) You're on a mission to save the entire world, your team consists of one doughy scientist, with a really bad mullet and a scorching case of Asperger's syndrome and a hot chick in Daisy Dukes and you think the best way to get others to join you is by withholding information and physical coercion?

"Hey Buddy! You're going to have to sleep sometime!"

--------

Fire the director and all the writers, it's not too late to get the boat out of the water!

Short-cutting by looking for hot-button org names? Ho-hum....

Last edited by BlueMerle : 02-24-2014 at 05:34 AM.
BlueMerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:52 AM   #15
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMerle View Post
and a hot chick in Daisy Dukes
I got no problem with that one.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:29 AM   #16
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Except then he would have been within reach when the dead guy turned (which obviously happened soon after he left the house, given the gunfire). So I have no problem with him trying to leave.

Yeah, that was all pretty dumb. I wonder if it's another example of the people writing the show and the people who film it being (almost literally) on different pages...
I believe the guy that got choked out was still alive (it seemed obvious he was still breathing), but the guy did see him, so he couldn't stay there until the guy came to.

Aside from all the noise in the bathroom fight, I thought once he had killed him, "Put the scissors in his head!". Then he actually left him that way and left the door open a bit so he could get out once he turned.

I always watch with the closed captions on (mostly because I am amazed at the amount of background 'conversation' that goes on that I don't even hear when I go back and watch again), and when Jeff Kober was eating on the porch and all heck broke loose in the house, the cations said "Stop her!" and once the shooting started, "Kill her! Kill her!" I wasn't sure if the 'her' was a walker inside the house that we didn't yet know about (which seems quite far fetched given how long Rick, Carl and Michonne had been in the house) or a walker outside the house (which also doesn't seem quite right because of how panicked they all were) or if it was bathroom guy and the 'her' was an incorrect caption?
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:55 AM   #17
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
I believe the guy that got choked out was still alive (it seemed obvious he was still breathing), but the guy did see him, so he couldn't stay there until the guy came to.
Well, his eyes were still open...
Old 02-24-2014, 07:01 AM   #18
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
That mullet was da' bomb!

The stuff with Rick made me go Hunh?

Carl and Michonne have a great chemistry and should just go off on their own together.

The pink room.

That was creepy.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:07 AM   #19
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post

The pink room.

That was creepy.
Creepiest thing so far in the entire series.
Too much sadness
Old 02-24-2014, 07:54 AM   #20
markz
Hilarity Ensues

I don't have a problem with how Glen is acting. He is looking for his wife. Any of us would be acting emotionally in his shoes.

Quote:
No one came when the two guys were fighting over the bed. Maybe those guys tussle a lot, so no one cared that there was a tussle in the bathroom.

Quote:
His eyes closed and they showed him obviously breathing after that.

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:05 AM   #21
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
The guy on the floor was just knocked out, I think they even made a point to show him snoring.

I thought the guy that turned was the guy that Rick killed in the bathroom, and the timing of the turn/distraction was a little TOO perfect.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:06 AM   #22
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMerle View Post
A.) The fight over the bed was soo totally contrived. And who in their right mind would choke a man until he's passed out or dead and then lie down a few feet away and go to sleep?
The same kind of guy who calls "First when the woman comes back"
Old 02-24-2014, 08:07 AM   #23
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I don't have my recording to check, this is not how I remember that.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:42 AM   #24
tonestert

Did anyone else think Rosita looked like Lara Croft from the Tomb Raider ?

Who was the actor on the porch ? I've seen him in other stuff. I wonder if we will see more of him and his group ?

Last edited by tonestert : 02-24-2014 at 08:49 AM.
tonestert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #25
tonestert

Quote:
Who was the actor on the porch ? I've seen him in other stuff. I wonder if we will see more of him and his group ?
The actor on the porch was Jeff Kober who plays Hale on Sons of Anarchy.
tonestert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:56 AM   #26
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonestert View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonestert View Post
The actor on the porch was Jeff Kober who plays Hale on Sons of Anarchy.
Yeah, and he's a high-enough profile guy that I doubt they hired him just for that scene.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:02 AM   #27
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Yeah, and he's a high-enough profile guy that I doubt they hired him just for that scene.
See, that's what I mean. Not only do we have the prison group all split up, now we have two NEW groups (the army guy et al, and the nasties in the house). Maybe they'll both be short lived plots, but seriously, there is so much more they could do with the existing cast without spreading the plots so thin there's no more plot, just "situation" drama.

"I am Legend" spoiler:
Spoiler:
Didn't "I am Legend" also end with everyone (non-zombie) meeting up at a walled "Sanctuary" type place? Couldn't TWD writers do better than just copy that story line? Guess not.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:06 AM   #28
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post

"I am Legend" spoiler:
Spoiler:
Didn't "I am Legend" also end with everyone (non-zombie) meeting up at a walled "Sanctuary" type place? Couldn't TWD writers do better than just copy that story line? Guess not.
Spoiler:
Who said they are ending the show at a walled Sanctuary??
And isn't that basically a part of EVERY zombie movie? 28 days later? Seems pretty standard and fine with me, and who knows what it will be like when they where they are going soon.

MikeMar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:08 AM   #29
Jstkiddn
Fruit Loop Dingus

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
I don't have my recording to check, this is not how I remember that.
I'm 99.9% certain that his eyes were closed, because it stood out to me since I thought the guy was dead, but I was confused at how he just shut his eyes all of the sudden and I was thinking to myself that people don't always die with their eyes closed.

It did not really cross my mind that he was just knocked out until I read it in this thread. I kept wondering why he didn't turn...guess that was the reason.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:08 AM   #30
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
Spoiler:
Who said they are ending the show at a walled Sanctuary??
And isn't that basically a part of EVERY zombie movie? 28 days later? Seems pretty standard and fine with me, and who knows what it will be like when they where they are going soon.
Spoiler:
I didn't mean to imply they're ending the show there.. it's just an extremely similar and familiar plot device.... just seems lazy to me.