Just bought the Roamio...
I understand that a company simply cannot please everyone.
1. Audio Drops to a very low volume and rises after a few seconds. This happens on all channels. This doesn't happen all the time, but frequent enough to warrant a return.
2. Not all of the menu's are HD..is there a setting to change the menus that I'm missing?
3. Sometimes the roamio stops responding to remote control commands, batteries are fine.
4. Netflix and Youtube are slow clunky and probably the worst user interface(s) I've seen or used on any device…in the history of EVER.
5. HuluPlus, it works but man that interface is outdated and clunky
6. Advertisements…I'm paying for the service. No need for ads.
I have seen similar issues and complaints on other sites, but no real fixes. Other than shut up and wait
. Is this a normal Tivo experience? I bought the 199.00 model and I am very glad I didn't spend the cash for the higher priced models.
I love the picture quality and audio quality of digital cable including pandora . Picture and audio are superior to my Home theater PC (eClaro II sound card, Infinity 4 Ceton card, ATI 6xxx series)
I'm still using to my Apple TV3 for Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go and Youtube and not using the Tivo as the all in one device. I really want that AIO box, maybe someday….