TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-06-2014, 01:29 AM   #1
lapdog12

Wishlist not finding games on NHL Center Ice

I tried to set up a wish list to record my favorite hockey team and the Wishlist won't find any of the games even though the games are in the guide. I've tried with a few different teams and it would only find games that were on non-nhl center ice channels.

has anyone else had to deal with this? I could always just check on the NHL Center Ice website for games and channels but I want my tivo to work as it should. It worked last season, now it doesn't.

Any thoughts?
lapdog12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:26 AM   #2
worachj

I had problems getting my football wish list to work. I had to set the recording option "Record in HD only" to 'No' because the guide data was missing the HD tag which caused the wish list to fail when 'Yes' was used.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:22 PM   #3
lapdog12

thanks for the reply... i checked that and it's already on "no". it's weird, it's just for the NHL Center Ice channels but yet I can see them when I search the guide.
lapdog12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:43 PM   #4
garylutz

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the Exact same issue - I can find these games in the guide - my Wishlist is setup properly - but it will not find any of the games that are being broadcast on the Center Ice channels.
garylutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:54 PM   #5
StickyC

Ditto - Same damn problem. Its really frustrating as hockey's pretty much the only reason I get Cable and use the TiVo (I cancel it offseason).

For what it's worth, the TiVo web site appears equally wonky. If you search for a given team, you'll get any games that are currently playing, but no other results. However, if you search for NHL, you can see all of the games, including the 'missing' team.
StickyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:48 AM   #6
waynomo
My One Time

How have you set up your wish list?
waynomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:32 AM   #7
StickyC

The big thing is the same WishList from last season that used to work no longer does. For me, this has been an issue since Center Ice started this year.

I'm not in front of the TiVo at the moment, but I'm pretty sure the working one was:
Keyword: San Jose Sharks
Title Keyword:
Category: Sports Event

I've tried many many other permutations with no success. Also tried with other teams (roomie is a Bruins fan, so I've tried just "Boston" or "Bruins" as well).

Now that I think about it, the reason it picked up the game yesterday may have been because it was non-Center Ice.

FWIW - When I ran through the guided setup after re-subscribing to cable for this season, I did tell TiVo I did not get any premium channels (I don't subscribe to HBO or any of that). I wonder if that's the issue.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:08 PM   #8
worachj

New 20.4.5 Release Notes says it fixed a problem with Wishlish recording on Premium channels. Have you gotten the new update?

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...4#post10294934

- Fixed an issue where some WishLists weren’t recording on Premium Channels.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #9
StickyC

Awesome! I'm still on .4a. Sounds like .5 will be rolled out to everyone over the next few days. We'll see what happens.

Thanks!
Old 11-01-2014, 12:57 PM   #10
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyC View Post
Awesome! I'm still on .4a. Sounds like .5 will be rolled out to everyone over the next few days. We'll see what happens.

Thanks!
I think officially it's by the end of the month. You might still be able to sign up on the priority list. Search the forums here for the link.

You might also be able to call into support and have them put you on the list.
waynomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:09 PM   #11
StickyC

Woot! Got the update last night and right away, saw all my Sharks/Bruins games queued up on Center Ice. Huzzah!