Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-27-2014, 03:09 PM   #61
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
I wouldn't compare these two - 24 at it's worst was still at least comparable to Heroes at it's best, lol. 24 dropped it's own ball several times but overall, for 8 seasons, they did an amazing job considering the story constraints they had. I'm not sure what this 12 episode mini-series looks like but I think it will be awesome because they don't have to rely on mountain lions to fill 24 episodes - it'll be 12 episodes of pure story.... DAMN IT.
I'd have to disagree with you. 24 became unwatchable for me, and I stuck with Heroes to the bitter end.

Heroes at its best is in the same league as 24 at its best. But 24 sank further (although it had a lot longer to sink).
Old 02-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #62
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

I disagree. I think Heroes became downright boring. And most episodes were unsatisfying. Although I found 24 frustrating and derivative of itself, it was still usually quite entertaining. On the other hand, I don't think 24 ever hit the high that Heroes hit. Even at its best, it was still fairly ludicrous and silly -- so was Heroes, but 24 set itself up as something to be taken more seriously and never really was such a work.

Heroes at its best > 24 at its best > Average 24 > Average Heroes > Worst 24 > Worst Heroes.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:19 PM   #63
mrdazzo7

maybe it's a bad analogy...but for me, not by much. Even when it was at it's best (which was pretty much only in season 1), I didn't have the fanaticism for Heroes that I had for 24 (or Lost, Buffy, Alias, Breaking Bad...even Prison Break). The whole thing with Heroes that drew me in early was the scope of it and the way you knew all of it was building to something but once that faltered, it dropped way down on the list. Even when 24 was bad, it was usually just chunks of episodes and not entire seasons (except season 6. even blind ricky schroeder will agree that it never should have happened).

I don't think I could make a case for Heroes ever being better than 24 at it's best. Or any show really, lol. 24 rules.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:23 PM   #64
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I'd have to disagree with you. 24 became unwatchable for me, and I stuck with Heroes to the bitter end.

Heroes at its best is in the same league as 24 at its best. But 24 sank further (although it had a lot longer to sink).
I watched 24 to the end, but stopped watching Heroes midway through the last season. With that said, I think Heroes at it's best (midway through S1) was probably better and more compelling than 24, but I think 24 had it's ups and downs, and some seasons, even in the later years (say the Logan season), was still pretty good. Heroes tanked pretty quickly, and by S3 was really unwatchable, even though I did watch it.

But I wasn't trying to compare which one was better, but that really, they had both run their course and I'm sure why it was really a good idea to resurrect either of them.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:24 PM   #65
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

And I found 24 mind-numbingly tedious at the end (that is, the end of when I watched it, which was when they were in Washington DC). Whereas Heroes at least still had potential.

I'd say Heroes at its best (Season 1) and 24 at its best (Season 3) were Pure Awesome. But 24 quickly degenerated into self-parody, doing the EXACT SAME THING over and over, whereas Heroes at least tried...tried and failed, but tried.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:31 PM   #66
allan
I survived the Mayan

IMO, Heroes, 24, and Prison Break were all great shows in their prime, and I watched all 3 to the end. But that's where it ends. 24 was a great show that went on too long, but never really sucked. Prison Break was a great season, but it's very premise should have made it a one season show, two at the most. Heroes was a great show that went down fast and hard, starting with the S1 finale. Some of the later seasons had their moments, but the suck was still there.

BEEP
allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:51 PM   #67
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahunt View Post
Eric not Barry I assume? Although "Save the cheeweader, save the wowld" could be fun
At the end of every Supernatural, I say "Kwipke" at the credits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyj View Post
There were 4 seasons?

I bailed mid-season 2. And season 1 was one of my favorite TV seasons ever.

I don't understand the suits. Hey, we have this unexpected hit! Instead of doing what works, let's change everything and make it moronic! Now that sounds like a great idea!
All this. 4 seasons? HFC. I'll give it a shot because I have a big hard drive on the DVR, but it'll be on a very short leash.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:58 PM   #68
sean67854
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
Haven't been watching Revolution, have you?
I haven't seen the last several episodes. I think the last one I saw was when

Spoiler:
the fireflies brought the dude back to life.

Are you going to try to tell me that's not quality television?

Xbox gamertag sean67854

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sean67854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:14 PM   #69
JYoung
Series 3

Isn't this on tonight?

Oh wait, that's Believe.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:59 PM   #70
retrodog
King Button Pusher

All I need to know is if this iteration will have an overly self-absorbed blond chick and a really hot latina with black stuff oozing out of her eyes.

Although, I could do without the oozing stuff. Well from the eyes anyway.
Vegetarians- The #1 preferred food source of carnivores.

Alcohol kills brain cells. But it's only the ones that were annoying the crap out of you anyway.
retrodog is offline   Reply With Quote