TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #1
L David Matheny

Season Pass in guide but not scheduled

My 4-tuner Roamio is used for OTA only. I have a season pass for Father Brown on a PBS station which has recorded properly in the past. Wednesday I happened to notice an episode in the guide for today, but it didn't have check marks next to it, and when brought up the show didn't have a green thumb. I checked the season pass upcoming episodes, and none were listed. Rebooting didn't help. I checked my 2-tuner Premiere, and it showed the same situation.

I waited out the three days to see if the guide would correct itself, but it hasn't, so I added new season passes for Father Brown on both TiVos. They appear to be exact duplicates, but obviously the TiVos see some difference, so I examined them using kmttg (v1p0m). The only significant difference appears to be in "idSetSource" where "collectionId" is "tivo:cl.291315" for both original season passes and "tivo:cl.265039095" for both new ones. What exactly is that field? Did someone at TiVo (or maybe Tribune Media) think the series was new and assign a new ID instead of using the old one? Is this why people sometimes report season passes that don't record for no apparent reason? Thanks for any insights.
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:35 AM   #2
hybucket

I've always had season pass problems with, specifically, BBCA shows and some PBS as well. I think it has to do with the way Tribune sets up their "info" screen - it shows the original broadcast date in the UK, so the TiVO thinks it's a repeat. The only way I've found to get around it is to have the TiVO record both first run and repeats.
hybucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:58 PM   #3
L David Matheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybucket View Post
I've always had season pass problems with, specifically, BBCA shows and some PBS as well. I think it has to do with the way Tribune sets up their "info" screen - it shows the original broadcast date in the UK, so the TiVO thinks it's a repeat. The only way I've found to get around it is to have the TiVO record both first run and repeats.
The show is set up to record new and repeats (as are nearly all my season passes), so even a rerun should have recorded. Both TiVos saw the series as completely different from the old series of the exact same name, so apparently the TiVo ignores the text name that we see and instead identifies the series by the data field that kmttg calls "collectionId".
L David Matheny is offline   Reply With Quote