TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:55 AM   #1
shymedq

how do you hook up tivo and the fios set to box in one tv using a splitter?

Guide me on what needs to me done? I tried no luck all I get a my local channels not even channel 131 fios learning channel would work. I was sent two cable cards replacement. Now I am fed up what is the wiring suppose to be like?
shymedq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:52 AM   #2
BigJimOutlaw

coax to splitter. One leg goes to the Fios box, other leg to the Tivo.... Then each box runs a video input to one of the TV's inputs.

If you're only getting the unencrypted locals, it sounds like the cablecard isn't activated correctly.

What do you need the fios box for, VOD?
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:00 AM   #3
shymedq

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimOutlaw View Post
coax to splitter. One leg goes to the Fios box, other leg to the Tivo.... Then each box runs a video input to one of the TV's inputs.

If you're only getting the unencrypted locals, it sounds like the cablecard isn't activated correctly.

What do you need the fios box for, VOD?
Yes VOD, coax cable that is already in the wall goes on the in outlet of splitter then the two out goes to tivo and verizon box?

This my second cable card having this issue. Now verizon blame it on a tivo box issue.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:06 AM   #4
BigJimOutlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by shymedq View Post
Yes VOD, coax cable that is already in the wall goes on the in outlet of splitter then the two out goes to tivo and verizon box?
That's right.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:18 AM   #5
shymedq

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimOutlaw View Post
That's right.
well that what I been doing and on going problems second cable card M Card no luck getting channels to work.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:16 AM   #6
sangs

Are you having the cable cards manually activated? Channel 131 won't come in until they push a manual activation. My suggestion - having done this several times - don't call, use the online chat function. I've had the phone support try to push me on getting a replacement cable card, only to use the chat function and have the CC up and running in five minutes. Start a chat session, say you need "manual validation" for your cable card and I'm willing to bet they'll have it corrected for you. (This is a different process from activating your CC. I'm assuming you've already activated it online or via phone call.) Good luck.
sangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:16 AM   #7
shymedq

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangs View Post
Are you having the cable cards manually activated? Channel 131 won't come in until they push a manual activation. My suggestion - having done this several times - don't call, use the online chat function. I've had the phone support try to push me on getting a replacement cable card, only to use the chat function and have the CC up and running in five minutes. Start a chat session, say you need "manual validation" for your cable card and I'm willing to bet they'll have it corrected for you. (This is a different process from activating your CC. I'm assuming you've already activated it online or via phone call.) Good luck.
yes I done all of that. I even called up tivo they said in the conditional access field if it shows con: yes and val: ? then it's the cable card cause the val: should either show a 0 or ? with zero working and ? not.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:16 PM   #8
Joe01880
I love my TiVo

For a new TiVo Roamio;
Copy down all the info on the cable card, with the cable card OUT of the TiVo, FiOS cable to a 2 way splitter, one leg out to the TiVo the other to the FiOS STB.
Assuming its a new TiVo go through the guided set up except skip the cable card, after the TiVo is up and running, has updated and done what ever it does then install the cable card, your TiVo will go to an installers menu with info you need to give Verizon.
Call Verizon, they will activate the cable card on their end. IF the cable card had previously been in a different TiVo and had been pair to it follow the same steps above.
I did exactly these steps when my Raomio came last week and both my FiOS 7232-2 and my Roamio Pro work fine, no issues on any channel of either DVR.
Good Luck

Roamio Pro- $99 yearly grandfathered MSD
Premiere- 2TB w/PLS
TiVo HD- 2TB w/ PLS For Sale $350
Series 2- Just sittin around
DVR40- yours if you want it
Connected via Ethernet
FiOS

Last edited by Joe01880 : 02-18-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Joe01880 is offline   Reply With Quote