TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-14-2015, 06:02 PM   #1
bbbobnca

Several reason to get a Mini

The new skip function is interesting but try in on a MINI.... OH it does not work and no plan to make it work.

Add a guide for each Mini. If you have your mini in designed areas, like a kids area, man cave, kids room, adult room then you may/probably want to design a guide for each area....ie the sports guys don't want or need to see all the shopping and kids channels and vise-a-versa. Oh you can not do that on a mini.

Prevent get the Mini software out of sync with the main box....Oh you can not do that either.

Make guide on other changes from the mini so you don't have to go to the main box all the time. oh can't do that either.

I could continue but the end result is always the same You can't do that on a mini....then why should I have purchased the mini....would I not have been better off with another main box????

bbbobnca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 06:47 PM   #2
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbobnca View Post
I could continue but the end result is always the same You can't do that on a mini....then why should I have purchased the mini....would I not have been better off with another main box????
It depends the purpose of having a Mini. I have two Roamio boxes and two Mini boxes. One is for me, with my lineup and I use the Mini in my kitchen during breakfast every day. The other Roamio is for my mother, who still wants SD and the Mini on that box is for my sister next door. Each has its own lineup. I have my Roamio in my main viewing area. So it is a situational issue. I also have two Premiere boxes that store movies and some series that will be helpful in the next few weeks when there is nothing new on the major networks. Every TiVo has a purpose.

JoeKustra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:23 PM   #3
krkaufman

Recommendations posted in your parallel thread, here: http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...php?p=10733145

krkaufman is offline   Reply With Quote