TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-13-2014, 11:37 PM   #1
Gifted1

Having a problem with the signal for OTA channels on Premiere XL

I have an outdoor antenna. When I plug it in to my TV, I get every single channel and the signal strength for all channels is around 90%. But when I plug it in to the Tivo, some channels will be tiled sometimes and wont come in clear. I have a splitter and plug one cable into the TV and one into the Tivo so that when a channel I am watching is acting up, I will just switch the source to TV and watch it clear.

I know there is an issue with the Tivo's and that is why this is happening. My question is... is there any fix for this? Would an amplifier work? Anything else?
Gifted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:29 PM   #2
True Colors

If you put an amplifier close to the TV then it probably wont help anything.

If you can put an amplifier close to the source antenna then you will have a much better chance.

I had a situation similar to yours........ my antenna is inside my garage. The amplifier definitely helps.

Also, even more important..... do you have your antenna pointed in the best direction possible for the channels you want? Check out TV fool.

TC
True Colors is offline   Reply With Quote