TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-05-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Survivor Cagayan "Cops-R-Us" OAD 3-5-2014

I'm really happy the brains tribe didn't lose yet again. Kind of hated to see Bryce go, but would have hated to say goodbye to Morgan a whole lot more.

Tony is a guy I would get tired of quickly IRL. Gotta give him credit, though, he seems to be hustling in the right ways.

Shivering in the rain is the new sitting around starving. Seems like Survivor figured out years ago that starving people are boring. Are there no "tropical paradises" that live up to the name? I don't care if they stay in one place forever, but make it an interesting, pretty, place.

3 episodes in, I'd say this season is off to a solid start.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:05 AM   #2
MNoelH
McGruber

TC CLUB MEMBER
So how long has that guy actually been a cop? Paraphrasing here, but he said he'd been a cop for 13 years in a large city. Then he said he'd been a cop for seven hears and his wife eight. The only thing I can think is that "when we met" was edited out.

And how about... yeah, I threw the rice out and all, but I'm really hungry and I think we should cook what's left cause we'll be able to get more.

Can you imagine how bad Brains would have been had they not practiced? That was hilarious.

They all look so miserable in that rain. Pruned hands and toenails falling off is a little too much reality for me. Tarps were a really good reward. I hope it's an option for the Beauty team the next time they don't lose a challenge.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:21 AM   #3
latrobe7
Just one more thing

Morgan is hypnotic to look at but she is as dumb as she is hot. She is almost as bad as Garret was with saying the exact wrong thing while thinking she's strategic.

I'd like to see brawn lose next week, just to keep the tribes balanced. I'd like to see everyone down to 3 or 4 before the merge.
latrobe7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:01 AM   #4
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Sorry to see Brice go. He seemed like he could have been fun to watch. But of the available options, I'm glad they chose Brice over Alexis. I still want to get to know Alexis better even if she doesn't seem to be much of a player.

Jeremiah definitely made the right move. Much better to be part of a strong 4 at this point than being the swing vote to make it 3-3.

Glad Brains was able to come from behind. I didn't want to see them lose another player. Having the other teams have to sit out half their tribes in the next challenge would have sucked. But Brains actually got pretty lucky because even the "puzzle" part of this challenge didn't really require any brains to solve. It wasn't a puzzle. It was more about learning to work the ropes to turn the wheel just the right amount.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:40 AM   #5
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
I was glad to see Brice go. His exit confessional (or whatever you'd call that thing) was exactly why I can't stand people like that - catty and entitled. Glad he's gone.

Also glad Brains didn't lose again for the reasons stated above.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:25 AM   #6
VegasVic
Craps Player

Also glad he's gone. I don't care how dumb Morgan may be..... WOW
Old 03-06-2014, 09:27 AM   #7
goblue97
Hoke-amania

On his exit from tribal council, Brice reminded me of the gay guy from Revenge of the Nerds.
goblue97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:41 AM   #8
WO312

Dalton: http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivo...isode-2-recap/
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:52 AM   #9
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNoelH View Post
So how long has that guy actually been a cop? Paraphrasing here, but he said he'd been a cop for 13 years in a large city. Then he said he'd been a cop for seven hears and his wife eight. The only thing I can think is that "when we met" was edited out.
He said he was a cop for 13 years, Sara responded that she was a cop for 7 years and then he said his wife was a cop for 8 years. He never said he was a cop for 7 years.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:54 AM   #10
VegasVic
Craps Player

I'll have to rewatch, I also thought he said 13 and then 7.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:22 AM   #11
dfergie

I still don't trust him (the cop) ...
dfergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:44 AM   #12
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
I'll have to rewatch, I also thought he said 13 and then 7.
I just re-watched it on CBS.com. He asked her how she could tell. She said she just knew and she says "I've been a cop for 7 years". The confusion is probably because it was dark, they were whispering and the conversation was CC'd. You can clearly see she is the one talking though. The convo starts at about 4 minutes.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/

Last edited by JFriday : 03-06-2014 at 10:51 AM.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:55 AM   #13
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
I was glad to see Brice go. His exit confessional (or whatever you'd call that thing) was exactly why I can't stand people like that - catty and entitled. Glad he's gone.

Also glad Brains didn't lose again for the reasons stated above.
+1

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:05 PM   #14
pmyers

I think the real reason came out last night on why the Brains didn't vote out the crazy chick last week....The guy says "Rice is replaceable".

They know the producers are going to replace the rice she dumped so there really are no repricussions for her actions.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #15
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Why would they think the producers will replace the rice? I don't see that happening before they've suffered considerably.

meh
Old 03-06-2014, 12:32 PM   #16
MikeekiM
Palindromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Why would they think the producers will replace the rice? I don't see that happening before they've suffered considerably.
The only time Jeff has EVER given extra rice to a tribe who was starving was when they had to trade something considerable for it...

And then, only after having them suffer considerably before offering it...

Survivor seems to have gotten softer over the years though... We'll see what happens... I don't see the massive weight loss of the past...and they seem to provide fire pretty quickly to the tribes...
  • Game Consoles: PS3, XBox 360, Wii
MikeekiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:26 PM   #17
pmyers

Oh we won't hear about it but I would bet money that rice will be replaced. Survivor is not about starving anymore.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:28 PM   #18
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Regarding replacing the rice, Jeff said:

Quote:
The basic philosophy is we do nothing. We want to see them figure it out on their own. There are lots of ideas they could try before we would intervene. But if it got to where they truly had nothing and needed help — we’d give it to them, but it would come at a massive price.

Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #19
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfergie View Post
I still don't trust him (the cop) ...
And you shouldn't. He even said so multiple times in his confessionals. He said he doesn't trust Sarah, and she shouldn't trust him. Conversely, it sure seemed like Sarah was all in on trusting him.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:23 PM   #20
stellie93

When the Brains were doing the challenge, it seemed to me that the guy and the first girl were doing pretty well, and then rice girl would spill some and toss the rest wildly away. I would definitely get rid of her at the next opportunity, and in the meantime, I'd say her share of the rice is over there in the fire pit. She can quit if she's too hungry.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:19 PM   #21
Jolt
Disgruntled Member

Im partial to Lindsey more so than Morgan....
http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/214794/
Old 03-07-2014, 12:22 AM   #22
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
When the Brains were doing the challenge, it seemed to me that the guy and the first girl were doing pretty well, and then rice girl would spill some and toss the rest wildly away. I would definitely get rid of her at the next opportunity, and in the meantime, I'd say her share of the rice is over there in the fire pit. She can quit if she's too hungry.
Yeah, I hope that Spencer can talk the two non-crazy girls into keeping him and getting rid of her.

I did love that they did "practice". It didn't seem to help them much but it was an idea that many fans have been throwing around for years. It's just that usually they don't know what the challenge will be.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:28 AM   #23
dfergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
And you shouldn't. He even said so multiple times in his confessionals. He said he doesn't trust Sarah, and she shouldn't trust him. Conversely, it sure seemed like Sarah was all in on trusting him.
I'm rooting for Her, but She better wake up or Her torch will be snuffed quickly... Morgan is my fav on the Beauty team although She's probably toast quickly and Spencer with the Brains, Kass is way too gabby...
dfergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:29 PM   #24
kettledrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
This. I feel for Sarah. She's definitely all in with him as he's a fellow cop and is likely to get screwed over by him unless she can sniff it out like she sniffed out his occupation.
kettledrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:08 PM   #25
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kettledrum View Post
This. I feel for Sarah. She's definitely all in with him as he's a fellow cop and is likely to get screwed over by him unless she can sniff it out like she sniffed out his occupation.
Yep, I agree. But, I like Tony. He's playing exactly how I would. Trust no one, but try and find common ground and get them to trust you. I am ALWAYS surprised how many people come into this game and put blind trust in someone, and then get really upset when that someone blindsides them.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:11 PM   #26
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

It does seem like Tony is the only one on the brawn tribe who's watched the show before.

meh
Old 03-08-2014, 01:25 AM   #27
Ibanez

Seems like Cliff's days are numbered.
Ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:29 AM   #28
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez View Post
Seems like Cliff's days are numbered.
The Brawn team has to get beat in a challenge first. And by the time that happens, attitudes toward him could change significantly.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:17 AM   #29
latrobe7
Just one more thing

Or someone else can be the one annoying everyone by the time they get to Tribal Council. My guess is Trish will be the first one to go from Brawn, I think she's likely to get confrontational and talk herself off the show. Lindsey or Tony could also do that but are less likely to - I think Lindsey is less of a hot-head and Tony is smarter than Trish.

Tony does seem like the only Brawn tribe member actively playing, but I think Cliff is also thinking about the game and playing more of a passive game right now. Tony is right to be threatened by Cliff, but should not go too far trying to get him voted out first.

I think there's two good players on each tribe that would make a great merged tribe, IMO:

Tony and Cliff from Brawn. I like Woo better than Tony, but I think Tony is the better player.

Tasha and Spencer from Brains. The rest of this tribe has been a disaster from the start.

LJ and Morgan from Beauty. LJ is the only good player on Beauty IMO, so if I just pick one from the rest, I'll take Morgan. I remember hearing she is good friends with Colton IRL, so I'm waiting for her to reveal herself as a terrible person, but so far, while she hasn't been the smartest player, she hasn't done anything that would make me want her off my TV screen.
latrobe7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #30
stellie93

It seems like the longer survivor goes on, the earlier they start getting rid of people who are threats (I assume that's Cliff's issue). They used to try to keep tribes strong until the merge, but no more. I think you should have plenty of time to get rid of threats later--very few people can win every challenge for very long. In the meantime it would be nice to win a tribal immunity once in the while.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote