TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:26 AM   #1
B Smooth

Moved over from the Hopper and loving Tivo

I moved over about 2 weeks ago after about 6 years away from Tivo. I have Roamio Plus with two minis. So far I am loving it. The interface is silky smooth and its wife/kid approved. My install went quickly even with a cabled card and tuning adapter and it all "just works". My wife mentioned that she misses having the commercials chopped out but that a small nit.

These may be features that I just don't know about, but I would have three asks to make my situation perfect....
1) Allow the mini to initiate a pull of video from Tivo Desktop
2) Some easy way to get my videos with DTS or 7.1 transferred to the roamio
3) Remote finders on the mini's
B Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #2
marklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Smooth View Post
I moved over about 2 weeks ago after about 6 years away from Tivo. I have Roamio Plus with two minis. So far I am loving it. The interface is silky smooth and its wife/kid approved. My install went quickly even with a cabled card and tuning adapter and it all "just works". My wife mentioned that she misses having the commercials chopped out but that a small nit.

These may be features that I just don't know about, but I would have three asks to make my situation perfect....
1) Allow the mini to initiate a pull of video from Tivo Desktop
2) Some easy way to get my videos with DTS or 7.1 transferred to the roamio
3) Remote finders on the mini's
I can answer one for sure. If you buy the remote slide pro for the premiere, you get the usb dongle which has a remote finder button on it.
MOCA
CC: Sci Atl PK802
TA: Cisco STA1520
TimeWarner Cable-Austin
marklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:41 PM   #3
Rob_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklyn View Post
I can answer one for sure. If you buy the remote slide pro for the premiere, you get the usb dongle which has a remote finder button on it.
Do you know of any place to get these for $50. Tivo seems to be out of stock (I see Weaknees has them for $80 - seems like a big jump in price over what Tivo has listed...).
Rob_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:52 PM   #4
marklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_W View Post
Do you know of any place to get these for $50. Tivo seems to be out of stock (I see Weaknees has them for $80 - seems like a big jump in price over what Tivo has listed...).
No, it looks like WeaKnees is the only other place (at this time) carrying it. I guess it will be awhile before they start showing up on eB*y and retail outlets.
MOCA
CC: Sci Atl PK802
TA: Cisco STA1520
TimeWarner Cable-Austin
marklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #5
Rob_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklyn View Post
No, it looks like WeaKnees is the only other place (at this time) carrying it. I guess it will be awhile before they start showing up on eB*y and retail outlets.
I called Tivo a couple of weeks ago and was told they will get them in stock again but they have no idea when.
Rob_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:18 PM   #6
celtic pride

markyyn you mean the roamio and not the premiere right?because i have the premiere and i dont have a remote finder on the bluetooth dongle that i have using my qwerty remote on my tivo premiere.
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:26 PM   #7
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic pride View Post
markyyn you mean the roamio and not the premiere right?because i have the premiere and i dont have a remote finder on the bluetooth dongle that i have using my qwerty remote on my tivo premiere.
He's talking about the dongle for the new RF Slide Pro remote for use with Premiere's. I think you're talking about the old Bluetooth Slide Remote dongle, which is now discontinued.
tatergator1 is online now   Reply With Quote