TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-10-2014, 07:19 AM   #1
pgoelz

Tivo search - cannot select YouTube results

Anyone else having this issue? I do a Tivo search (using the search button on the slide remote) and select the "YouTube results" link. That takes me to the YouTube player with my search terms highlighted. However, if I cursor down to one of the videos, I can scroll left or right but I cannot select a video to play it. This is 100% repeatable.

The YouTube player works correctly if I create the search in the player itself. Just not if I use the Tivo search.

Paul
pgoelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:15 AM   #2
pgoelz

Looks like no one else uses the search results in the YouTube player? I finally called Tivo and they duplicated the issue. Who knows when it will get fixed.

In the mean time I have discovered more oddities in the Tivo / YouTube implementation.....

1. While you cannot immediately select YouTube videos resulting from a Tivo search, if you scroll right and then left far enough through the list of videos, you suddenly CAN select them.

2. Backing out of a video with the BACK button (the only way to get out, I think) puts the cursor on a highlighted letter instead of the just played video.

3. Backing out of a video with the BACK button seems to revert to the search term from the Tivo Search, even if you have subsequently created a new search within the YouTube player. This also loses your place in the search results and you have to start all over if you have gone though several videos already. The BACK key should ALWAYS back out one step.

4. While in the YouTube player, you have to back all the way out with the Tivo button before the search key on the Tivo Slide works again.

5. There doesn't seem to be a CLEAR button on the Tivo Slide that clears a search term within the YouTube player? You can use the BACKSPACE key (left arrow on the slide keyboard) to backspace and delete letters but it is painfully slow doing it one letter at a time (even if you hold the button down).

There are probably more...... and the ones I have listed seem to be a bit...... inconsistent at times.

Pretty annoying for a device we are paying a monthly fee for. Doesn't anyone test this software other than us customers? These are pretty obvious and easy to spot flaws.

Paul
pgoelz is offline   Reply With Quote