TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-12-2014, 09:33 PM   #61
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by replaytv View Post
I was reading in one of my brothers' train magazines, and it had a article about a guy that takes videos of trains.
I'm guessing this was several years ago at least. On the HD & Home Theatre Podcast, the guys were talking about some movie/TV show (I honestly don't know which) that was just HD video of a train ride. IIRC, this was in some other country than the U.S. Supposedly it aired on TV (as I said, it may have originally been a movie), and got some huge ratings. It was brought up because back then, in other countries, the amount of stuff actually in HD was limited, and on this podcast they used to talk about the # of commercials in HD vs not in HD, and various science shows.

(I started listening to this podcast long ago for some reason.. Heck, I *still* record most shows in SD, for space reasons.. But just very recently, have started recording a few in HD regularly, usually the ones I will watch THAT night... and I am thinking of putting a 3 TB drive in my Roamio, even though I still offload some recordings for space reasons now.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:42 PM   #62
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Sounds like a new improved 'Bernadette 2.0'! Did you ask her if she wanted to take up acting? Bernadettes' voice irritates me, and I prefer lighter on the top, except for weather girls.
I really wanted to ask her if she watched BBT but some people really get upset if you tell them they look like someone (if they don't like the someone). I remember one time someone told my sister she looked like Sade (80s singer) and my sister was livid for days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Did you ask her out?
I think Howard would have been pissed!

She was clearly married...I am very much married...

so we just had sex in the bathroom
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:34 AM   #63
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Amusingly enough Kotaku had this article yesterday on a hotel in Japan that has train-themed rooms, yep, thought of this thread while reading it.
http://kotaku.com/a-hotel-room-where...-ac-1521258709
Old 02-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #64
Lori
Social Defective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
OMG, sitting on a train to NYC and a woman who looks just like Bernadette is sitting across from me.

Almost a perfect copy minus the, ahem, chest area and the voice.

I wish I could take a picture!
You know that that's not her real voice?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:05 AM   #65
replaytv
I <3 Wintergreen

Quote:
I remember one time someone told my sister she looked like Sade (80s singer) and my sister was livid for days...
I loved Sades' videos. Can I have your sisters' phone number?
replaytv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #66
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post
What do they do....dub in all her speaking parts?

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #67
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
What do they do....dub in all her speaking parts?
Well, it's her voice in that she's the one actually talking like that when they film the episodes. But it's not her "normal" voice. It's just a bit of acting she does as part of the character.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:35 AM   #68
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Well, it's her voice in that she's the one actually talking like that when they film the episodes. But it's not her "normal" voice. It's just a bit of acting she does as part of the character.
Well, of course...that seems to be obvious. She seems to change her voice quite a bit in the show...mimicking Howard's mother at times is certainly one example. But she also seems to have various voice qualities at other times...

XL4
Old 02-13-2014, 11:16 AM   #69
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Well, of course...that seems to be obvious. She seems to change her voice quite a bit in the show...mimicking Howard's mother at times is certainly one example. But she also seems to have various voice qualities at other times...
Here's an interview with her at Comic-Con. You can see here that her normal voice isn't as high-pitched and squeaky as Bernadette's, although she'll occasionally get higher pitched when talking about certain things.

Melissa Rauch Interview

Old 02-13-2014, 11:22 AM   #70
Jstkiddn
Fruit Loop Dingus

Just like Jean Stapleton didn't really have the Edith Bunker voice. It was part of the character.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:23 AM   #71
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Her voice wasn't the Bernadette voice as we know it when she first appeared on the show. I'm only catching up with the show from reruns and it was weird for me to watch her introduction to the show and her voice be "wrong".

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:29 AM   #72
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
I actually had no idea!

Every time the woman on the train talked (she was on a business trip with her boss), it just felt so wrong.

it's weird how much it affected me. The fact that it happened on a train (and we sat across from each other just like they sat on this show was just too much for me to handle. I'm sure she went home to her husband and told him all about the bald fat weirdo sitting across from her
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:41 AM   #73
Jstkiddn
Fruit Loop Dingus

Quote:
I actually had no idea!

Every time the woman on the train talked (she was on a business trip with her boss), it just felt so wrong.

it's weird how much it affected me. The fact that it happened on a train (and we sat across from each other just like they sat on this show was just too much for me to handle. I'm sure she went home to her husband and told him all about the bald fat weirdo sitting across from her

If she looks that much like her, I bet she's used to being stared at and she probably knows the reason why.

Years ago there was a mom of a kid on our son's baseball team that looked just like the actress Geena Davis. I started to mention it and she finished my sentence for me. She had heard it so much, she knew exactly what was about to come out of my mouth. Interesting note: She said she was adopted, so who knows...they might be related.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #74
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Quote:
Here's an interview with her at Comic-Con. You can see here that her normal voice isn't as high-pitched and squeaky as Bernadette's, although she'll occasionally get higher pitched when talking about certain things.

Melissa Rauch Interview
Still a little nasal twang I think. But, OMG, Capt Nerd Boy was annoying.

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:39 PM   #75
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

I don't get what the big deal is about this...actors and actresses use different voices/accents all the time...

XL4
Old 02-13-2014, 12:45 PM   #76
Jstkiddn
Fruit Loop Dingus

Quote:
I don't get what the big deal is about this...actors and actresses use different voices/accents all the time...
It's not a big deal, but when you are used to seeing them speak as a character it can be a shock to hear them speak in their real voice. I get that.

It was that way with me the first time I heard Jean Stapleton on a talk show when I was a kid, because to me she was Edith. It was just odd to not hear the Edith voice coming out of her mouth.

It's also odd to see interviews with the guy that plays Rick on The Walking Dead because I hear him speaking in his natural English accent.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:20 PM   #77
jamesl

Quote:
reminds me of

http://youtu.be/cFapYdpV1BM?t=29s
jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:30 PM   #78
replaytv
I <3 Wintergreen

Quote:
I loved Sades' videos. Can I have your sisters' phone number?
OK, if she only has a irritating voice when she gets worked up I guess I can take Melissa Rauchs' phone number instead. Or any of the female cast members for that matter, but I don't want Jean Stapletons'.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:46 PM   #79
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
...but I don't want Jean Stapletons'.
Wouldn't do you any good...she died last year...

XL4
Old 02-13-2014, 04:50 PM   #80
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Wouldn't do you any good...she died last year...
Different strokes....

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:18 PM   #81
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
Different strokes....

XL4
Old 02-13-2014, 06:03 PM   #82
Hot4Bo
Finally an Avatar!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
It's not a big deal, but when you are used to seeing them speak as a character it can be a shock to hear them speak in their real voice. I get that....
I am a huge fan of Chicago Fire. I had no idea until very recently when I saw an interview online with Jesse Spencer that he is Australian with an Austrailian accent. I guess, if I ever saw House, I would have known but I never did and I was totally shocked.

Hot4Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:37 PM   #83
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot4Bo View Post
I am a huge fan of Chicago Fire. I had no idea until very recently when I saw an interview online with Jesse Spencer that he is Australian with an Austrailian accent. I guess, if I ever saw House, I would have known but I never did and I was totally shocked.
I had the same reaction with both Bill and Jason from True Blood.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:57 PM   #84
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
I don't think it's a big deal at all. It was you who asked about it, and I simply answered your question.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:07 PM   #85
The Spud
Nick Danger, 3rd Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
Different strokes....
Nah, not a stroke at all. Natural causes.

The Spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #86
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

EW article about "The Kiss" Also a video of Jim Parsons discussing the kiss and leading up to it.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/13/bi...ldon-amy-kiss/
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:33 PM   #87
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
I don't think it's a big deal at all. It was you who asked about it, and I simply answered your question.

My comment was not directed toward you; just the flood of other comments expressing surprise that it's not her natural voice.

XL4
Old 02-13-2014, 10:39 PM   #88
MikeCC
TiVotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot4Bo View Post
Jesse did not have an Aussie accent on House.
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:26 PM   #89
replaytv
I <3 Wintergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spud View Post
Nah, not a stroke at all. Natural causes.
I've called other females with less a chance of getting a response, and even I find that hard to believe, but fact is stranger than fiction!

On another topic, I was watching the rerun tonight and loved the line by Sheldon
" Are you sure your moth-like personality won't be drawn to this blazing fire that is myself?"
Old 02-14-2014, 02:20 AM   #90
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
My comment was not directed toward you; just the flood of other comments expressing surprise that it's not her natural voice.
But my point is that this whole tangent about her voice started because of your question about it. So it's kind of ironic that you asked the question that started the tangent, and then after several people chimed in, you said, "I don't get what the big deal about this is..." Nobody ever said it was a big deal. It was merely a discussion about a subject, started by you.