TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-30-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
danterner
Not it!

Given the seemingly out of sync timing of the Dad injuring his arm second and feeling pain first, I'm going to guess that we're dealing with some sort of time travel thing here. Since Jacob wound up in China it's not only time but also space, which makes me think wormhole, probably localized at the river. The people who are coming back are the actual same people, but displaced in time and revisiting their own time-stream. "Two Rivers" is a reference to this. Makes me think of the Doctor Who episode "The Girl Who Waited," which played on this same concept, sort of (and which featured a facility called "Two Streams," now that I think of it).

Or, it's some sort of Many Worlds/Multiverse thing, and there's a weakening of the walls between universes in the area around the river.

Season finale: someone who DIDN'T die comes "back," so there are now two of them walking around town.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by danterner; 03-30-2014 at 06:38 PM.
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Given the seemingly out of sync timing of the Dad injuring his arm second and feeling pain first...
I thought his arm seized up like it has before, and that led to him hurting himself on the saw...

But I suspect your whole post is a joke?

Old 03-30-2014, 06:41 PM   #3
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I thought his arm seized up like it has before, and that led to him hurting himself on the saw...
Well, that would certainly make more sense. I kind of like the idea that he felt ghost pain from an injury that hadn't happened yet, though. (And no, I was being serious. It seems clear *something* odd is going on, and I'm just putting my money on sci-fi versus paranormal or religious.)

| Twitter:
Old 04-01-2014, 09:42 PM   #4
danterner
Not it!

Episode 4 spoiler:

Spoiler:
Another river-related death (Rachel drove off a bridge).

I'm liking this series.

| Twitter:
Old 04-03-2014, 08:44 AM   #5
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Given the seemingly out of sync timing of the Dad injuring his arm second and feeling pain first, I'm going to guess that we're dealing with some sort of time travel thing here. Since Jacob wound up in China it's not only time but also space, which makes me think wormhole, probably localized at the river. The people who are coming back are the actual same people, but displaced in time and revisiting their own time-stream. "Two Rivers" is a reference to this. Makes me think of the Doctor Who episode "The Girl Who Waited," which played on this same concept, sort of (and which featured a facility called "Two Streams," now that I think of it).

Or, it's some sort of Many Worlds/Multiverse thing, and there's a weakening of the walls between universes in the area around the river.

Season finale: someone who DIDN'T die comes "back," so there are now two of them walking around town.
I think you are right - it is time travel and related to the river.

tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #6
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
You know, I don't know what I was expecting from this show, but if it does turn out to be a time travel or similar thing, I don't think it will hold any interest for me. Which is ok, because I watch way too many programs to keep up with already.

JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:49 AM   #7
rich
Final answer?

I don't know how the writers are going to explain all of this. I don't know if they're even going to try.

rich is offline   Reply With Quote