TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
SpiritualPoet

Question Is There A Way To Hide The Green Status Bar

Is there a way to temporarily hide the green status bar when fast-forwarding during playback? It hides information on the screen I am wanting to see albeit during the fast-forward mode.

SpiritualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
HomieG
Nowhere Man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualPoet View Post
Is there a way to temporarily hide the green status bar when fast-forwarding during playback? It hides information on the screen I am wanting to see albeit during the fast-forward mode.
Press "clear" on the TiVo remote while fast-forwarding.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HomieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

I think hitting clear works. I know that clears it when paused.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
SpiritualPoet

Thanks!

SpiritualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:55 PM   #5
randywalters
AVS Old Timer

And if you usually hit PLAY to resume watching after FF'ing, hit PLAY again and it clears the progress bar immediately.

Premiere 2TB, Series3 OLED w/500GB, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Panasonic TC-P55ST60, URC MX-890 Remote, Onkyo TX-SR333 AVR
randywalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:13 PM   #6
MHunter1
TiVo Bug Hunter

How to Hide the Progress Bar

Here's how I was able to activate an undocumented feature that automatically hides the green progress bar during fast-forward, rewind, skip, and pause.

While playing a recorded program or watching live TV, activate the Channel Banner by pressing Right until just the banner is shown without the extra transparent info frame then press Select-Play-Select-Pause-Select before the banner disappears in about 4 seconds.

The channel banner is only needed to activate the SPSPS code, not to de-activate it.

I've only tested this method on a Series 2 TiVo and would like to know if it worked reliably for others.

MHunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post:
Old 04-26-2015, 02:31 PM   #7
Dante101
...in between dreams

Thanks for the tip, MHunter1. Yes, the SPSPS method worked for me on my Roamio. It wouldn't work while watching live TV, but worked while playing a pre-recorded show. The progress bar isn't completely hidden, but it now goes away after just an instant, which is fine for me.

I seem to remember on older Tivos that there was an option to hide the progress bar completely. Not sure why they got rid of that option. Maybe in conjunction with those little advertisements they sometimes do...

DirecTivo Sony SAT-T60 (collecting dust)
Dante101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:08 PM   #8
mattack

No, I don't think there ever was an option to hide it completely.. (that would be really confusing.. remember, Tivos are intended as 'end user friendly' devices).

I *think* there is or at least was a user visible pref to hide it quickly... (I sure hope I'm not conflating it with the very very very brief time I suffered with a cable box..)

mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:50 AM   #9
ej42137

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
No, I don't think there ever was an option to hide it completely.. (that would be really confusing.. remember, Tivos are intended as 'end user friendly' devices).

I *think* there is or at least was a user visible pref to hide it quickly... (I sure hope I'm not conflating it with the very very very brief time I suffered with a cable box..)
Yes, on a TiVo S3 there remains Settings -> Displays -> Channel Banner which cause the channel banner to go away more rapidly. Not there for Premiere or Roamio TiVos.

ej42137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:57 PM   #10
MrDelicious

Progress Bar in worst possible location

The progress bar is literally in the worst possible location on the TV.
In the bottom, right where extra info exists during a show:
Sports scores, Ticker info on CNN and other news channels, etc.

It would be nice if we could pick a spot, (top, bottom, left, right) or adjust the size (large, medium, small, gone).

MrDelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post: