TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM   #1
dadrepus

Just got a Tivo Survey

So, being a helpful guy I clicked on the link (they said I was special and I love being special) and started filling out the questionnaire. I never finished it cause they limit you in your responses. One question was what features are you most interested in. They listed about 15 like streaming, search, web apps, etc. But when I indicated which ones I liked they then wanted me to ONLY choose 5. Why 5 when I clearly followed the initial instructions. How can you choose just 5? Anybody else get this survey?

dadrepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM   #2
mattack

They limit you, because _most_ interested in.. If you are interested in ALL, you can't be _most_ interested in all of them.

they're obviously trying to rank them.

mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM   #3
dadrepus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
They limit you, because _most_ interested in.. If you are interested in ALL, you can't be _most_ interested in all of them.

they're obviously trying to rank them.
No, I didn't attempt to check ALL of the but certainly more than 5. I think I had 7 checked of the 15 or so items. It would have been better to let me rank them in MY order of preference. And not limit to five. Maybe if the initially said Pick 5 of your most desired services I wouldn't have been so annoyed and finished it.

Old Today, 03:36 AM   #4
ej42137

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadrepus View Post
No, I didn't attempt to check ALL of the but certainly more than 5. I think I had 7 checked of the 15 or so items. It would have been better to let me rank them in MY order of preference. And not limit to five. Maybe if the initially said Pick 5 of your most desired services I wouldn't have been so annoyed and finished it.
As I understand it, they are not interested in the opinions of those that can't follow simple directions. Or so I've been told by people who put together questionnaires for a living.

ej42137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:51 AM   #5
dadrepus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej42137 View Post
As I understand it, they are not interested in the opinions of those that can't follow simple directions. Or so I've been told by people who put together questionnaires for a living.
I followed the directions. They did not initially ask for just five. Only AFTER I chose 7 and attempted to move on to the next question did the 5 request pop up.

It was just a poorly worded question and after choosing those 7, I just in good conscious couldn't remove any. Don't be a Dick!