TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #1
Alan E

No guide data for Bravo

I have the bare bones Comcast plan in Minneapolis suburbs. The channel setup shows Bravo on two channels. I previously had one of them selected in the setup but it was some other channel and not actually Bravo. A few days ago I unselected the one and selected the other in channel setup. I can now view Bravo.

When I look at the guide it still shows to be announced. I have this channel selected in setup for a few days so I would think I would have guide data for it by now.

Any suggestions?
Alan E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:16 PM   #2
mattack

Are you SURE you're on the right channel lineup from the cable company? I know, if you say it is the right channel #, it should work.. but if you redo channel lineup (you don't have to redo the whole part, just hit IIRC 'enter' at the channel selection page), you may find another one that's really your lineup.

Also, just make absolutely sure that you really have made the "daily" call in the past few days.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:51 PM   #3
Alan E

I just confirmed that the last successful service attempt was this morning and the last successful VCM (not sure what this is) was this evening.

I'll go through the channel lineup again when I have more time.

Thanks for the response.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:56 AM   #4
worachj

Bravo is not part of Comcast's Basic package. You're most likely getting the unscrambled QAM version and will not get guide data until you get a cable card and the proper digital package.

You need to get one of their digital packages and a cable card. I think the Digital Starter package is the cheapest one that has Bravo.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:53 PM   #5
Alan E

Quote:
Originally Posted by worachj View Post
Bravo is not part of Comcast's Basic package. You're most likely getting the unscrambled QAM version and will not get guide data until you get a cable card and the proper digital package.

You need to get one of their digital packages and a cable card. I think the Digital Starter package is the cheapest one that has Bravo.
You are right, I looked up the channel lineup and see that it is not listed. I do have the cablecard but don't the guide. Still seems odd about the guide not being available for this channel when I thought the guide comes from Tivo and not Comcast directly but what do I know.