TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-23-2014, 10:17 PM   #1
trnsfrguy
Advanced !

The Walking Dead S04E15

Nice homage to George A Romero and Day of the Dead in the tunnel scene.
MK code 1762-3068-7645/ Carlos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
trnsfrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:15 PM   #2
john4200

How in the heck did Maggie manage to get into trouble in the tunnel in the first place? If she was walking down the tunnel and saw a bunch of walkers ahead, why didn't she just turn around and go back?
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:52 PM   #3
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Solid set-up for next week.

But oh my gosh, could they have telegraphed more that (pure speculation based only in this episode, but spoiling in case):

Spoiler:
Maggie is going to die next week?!? I meant the camera lingering on the photo of her burning screamed foreshadowing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:05 AM   #4
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Denise Crosby just seemed creepy at the end and didn't give me any good feeling about Terminus.

"Claimed" gang is heading toward Terminus with revenge against Rick on the mind and Daryl is going with them. What the heck happened to the Beth story line? She gets taken away in the car with (supposedly?) funeral home caretaker-person and that's it? There seemed to be enough of Daryl in this episode to address that to some degree, but nothing.

At the risk of this question sparking off a thread derailment, does anyone have any idea of the time frame between, say, the folks arriving at Terminus on this episode and when the attack by the Governor on the prison took place? Days, weeks?

It seems Rick, Carl and Michone are behind the group that arrived tonight, but ahead of the "Claimed" gang. And it would seem that Carol and Tyreese would not have made it to Terminus yet, but I wonder where they are in relation to the others?
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:41 AM   #5
Beryl

Still not feeling confident on the scientist. He doesn't seem to be in a big hurry to get to DC.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:46 AM   #6
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Still not feeling confident on the scientist. He doesn't seem to be in a big hurry to get to DC.
He made a couple of comments in this episode about video games, and I wouldn't be surprised if we find out his "super-classified knowledge" about what caused the ZA will turn out to be him not being able to properly distinguish games from reality.

But I'm confused about the placement of Terminus in relation to the prison. We know when Abraham's truck picked up Glenn and Tara, they drove a few hours north. Then when the truck got shot up, Glenn started walking back south. So for Glenn to see the signs that Maggie had left for him means that Terminus must be south of the prison and Glenn and crew walked all the way back and then some.

Can't believe the "claimed" gang has a rule that it's OK to kill one of their own for lying. That's not the type of gang I'd want to be around for very long.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:22 AM   #7
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Re: Beth; Darryl doesn't know anything about her, and I think they don't want us to know anything more about Beth than he does. So, nothing. I assume they WILL give us some info on her before the end of the season.

Re: "claimed" gang; the leader said that the severity of the beating depends on the severity of the offense, and the "general feel of the day" or something. I assume that Len was an annoying POS and getting on everyone's last nerve anyway. Plus trying to set up one of the other people in the group is actually a pretty significant betrayal. And we already know from the house what kind of gang they are... the question is when will Darryl find out. So far the gang hasn't attacked anyone "innocent" and the leader is definitely making a play for Darryl's loyalty. There's the scene at the end where his first instinct is to cover up Len, but then he changes his mind... presumably that's intended to imply that he's starting to coming around to the "claimed" gang's point of view.

I really don't think they'll kill Maggie this season. I don't know what the deal is with Terminus but it seems clear that it can't be the nirvana that it appears to be, since the show is not over , nevertheless I don't think she'll be killed.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:19 AM   #8
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
But I'm confused about the placement of Terminus in relation to the prison.
If you look at the various maps that have shown the way to Terminus, Terminus is Macon, and is SE of Atlanta.

I don't think we know where the prison was, aside from "not far from Woodbury", but that's SSW of Atlanta. So it's feasible that they headed Northeast-ish from the Woodbury/Prison area, and then ended up walking back more or less South to end up at Terminus.
kaszeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:21 AM   #9
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Re: Beth; Darryl doesn't know anything about her, and I think they don't want us to know anything more about Beth than he does. So, nothing. I assume they WILL give us some info on her before the end of the season.
Plus, the way the other guy was talking about young girls, I doubt Darryl is gonna say "Speaking of young girls, I know this particular little hottie who's missing; wouldn't it be great if we found her?"

He (along with everybody else on the show) may feel that all roads lead to Terminus, and his best chance of finding her is keeping his mouth shut and tagging along.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:35 AM   #10
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
At the risk of this question sparking off a thread derailment, does anyone have any idea of the time frame between, say, the folks arriving at Terminus on this episode and when the attack by the Governor on the prison took place? Days, weeks?
The only timeline I can find has the Governor attacking the prison on Day 504+ and Michonne finding Carl & Rick after the can of pudding on day 506+, but the timeline doesn't continue past that.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Te..._Show_Timeline

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:37 AM   #11
Hank
AC•FTW

The science guy is a real class A D.B. I doubt he has/knows anything specific, and is just using these people for his own personal agenda.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:07 AM   #12
JohnB1000

I think the gang leader setup the rabbit thing in order to get Daryl on his team and probably too solve a problem member.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:36 AM   #13
JohnB1000

Does anyone see the same weirdness as I do on the Den of Geek reviews

When I click the link

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-walk...e-15-review-us

A review shows up with a picture of Glenn, then is quickly replaced by a different review. This happens pretty much every week.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #14
Jstkiddn
Fruit Loop Dingus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
The only timeline I can find has the Governor attacking the prison on Day 504+ and Michonne finding Carl & Rick after the can of pudding on day 506+, but the timeline doesn't continue past that.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Te..._Show_Timeline
Rick's face is still pretty beat up, so I'm thinking it hasn't been very long. How long does it take for wounds like that to heal?
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:48 AM   #15
2004raptor

Well, Carls bullet wound healed within days so....
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:55 AM   #16
Jstkiddn
Fruit Loop Dingus

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Complete stab in the dark: The person that nabbed Beth was "saving" her from walkers that were hot on her heels and that they took her to Terminus....or maybe the people of Terminus has a rival camp and Beth was taken there?
Old 03-24-2014, 09:58 AM   #17
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
Complete stab in the dark: The person that nabbed Beth was "saving" her from walkers that were hot on her heels and that they took her to Terminus....or maybe the people of Terminus has a rival camp and Beth was taken there?
Except that we saw Daryl see the car speeding away and we saw no walkers.

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:58 AM   #18
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
With only one episode left, I suspect everybody arrives at Terminus next week. Accompanied by the breaking loose of all hell.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:58 AM   #19
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Or the Terminus people are doing something SUPER creepy and they kidnap people. My wild guess

MikeMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:01 AM   #20
JohnB1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
Or the Terminus people are doing something SUPER creepy and they kidnap people. My wild guess
Are you watching the episodes about Woodbury and stumbled into the wrong thread

Something will happen but I don't think it will be that because that would be almost exactly the same story.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:03 AM   #21
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
Are you watching the episodes about Woodbury and stumbled into the wrong thread

Something will happen but I don't think it will be that because that would be almost exactly the same story.
I didn't say what creepy thing. And was Woodbury DRIVING out and just randomly kidnapping people??

There is a chance that something has to be wrong with Terminus

Old 03-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #22
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

People at Terminus eat people!

Why didn't Glenn and Maggie and the rest of the gang drive to Terminus?
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:14 AM   #23
pmyers

Why does Terminus have no Sentry/Guards?
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:16 AM   #24
Jstkiddn
Fruit Loop Dingus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post

Yeah, that was very strange.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:17 AM   #25
zalusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
and the gates seem to be unlocked.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:17 AM   #26
Jstkiddn
Fruit Loop Dingus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
People at Terminus eat people!

So when she offered them a plate, she was just trying to fatten them up?
Old 03-24-2014, 10:18 AM   #27
Jstkiddn
Fruit Loop Dingus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalusky View Post
and the gates seem to be unlocked.
I didn't rewind to see, but I was wondering to myself if the gates were shut in such a way that a walker could just push them open. They didn't look like they had to unlatch much of anything to open them. There was a chain on one, but it looked like it was sort of just looped through and left hanging.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:24 AM   #28
MikeMar
Go Pats

Obviously we don't know much about Terminus yet at all, but it did seem set FAR back from anything that would actually attract Walkers.

Fence was out pretty far from the buildings, they had to go in a while to find that first person.

But that said, there is probably some real reason it looked so easy to get in

Old 03-24-2014, 10:45 AM   #29
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
Obviously we don't know much about Terminus yet at all, but it did seem set FAR back from anything that would actually attract Walkers. Fence was out pretty far from the buildings, they had to go in a while to find that first person.

But that said, there is probably some real reason it looked so easy to get in
The fence at the prison was also quite a ways from the buildings, yet there were always walkers amassing at the fence and trying to push their way in.

Given that survivors must be arriving at Terminus on a regular basis, I can't imagine that there's not walkers constantly at the fence just like at the prison.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:47 AM   #30
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I liked the episode but lost the last minute to two. It stopped recording when the group opened the second gate into Terminus. I didn't see any residents there greet them or such. I will have to see if I can catch that on a rerun.

I loved the tunnel bit and Glenn seeing Maggie. That was a great reunion. When Glenn asked her about the tunnel and she said "well I thought what would Glenn do and shot up the roof" (or something like that).

The scientist guy seems more like a nerd that has been in his mom's basement watching movies, playing games and living in the imagination of the tv (sound familar anyone??? ) rather than an actual scientist that can save the world. Not even as much as one as the doc in Woodberry.

When did he get pocession of Glenns armor?

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote