TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
nmiller855

Bachelor 3/1 **Spoilers inside**

I think he made the wrong choice. When he is defending her to his family for the umpteenth time for something she said to one of them, maybe he will remember why they were reluctant to accept her in the first place.
Also, I don't get the choice for the new Bachelorette. If she truly were in love with Jake, can she really get over him & find a new love to marry in 3 months?
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
tem

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller855 View Post
If she truly were in love with Jake, can she really get over him & find a new love to marry in 3 months?
Famewhores can do anything for enough $$ in their pocket.
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
jschuman

I like how Ali can quit her job (I mean, she had to quit her job to become the next Bachelorette, right?) in the hopes of finding "love" amongst 20-30 men she's never met, but couldn't quit her job for 1 man she already (supposedly) fell in love with.

It's my guess that when presented with the "job" issue during this season's The Bachelor, that the producers asked Ali to leave the show - with all the drama that produced - in return for being the next Bachelorette.

I dislike almost everyone involved with this show - why do I keep watching?? Arg!

Last edited by jschuman : 03-02-2010 at 12:33 PM.
jschuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #4
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

I think Jake made the right choice. And I think I am finally free of this stupid show. I will NOT watch Ali be the next Bachelorette. Yuch.
photoshopgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
sburnside1

So did Vienna have someone else doing her makeup during last nights show? My wife had been calling her raccoon eyes all season.

I thought he was an idiot as the episode started, but towards the end, it seemed like maybe Jake was as odd as Vienna in real life, and that the image they had given him (starting in Jillians season) wasnt really that much like him off the show.

Ali is probably going to get a ton more money for a couple months vacationing with the strange guys then she would have made at facebook in the next 2 years. I thought she was pretty much just playing Jake anyhow. She didnt seem overly interested in him.
sburnside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #6
cwerdna
Proud Tivolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschuman View Post
I like how Ali can quit her job (I mean, she had to quit her job to become the next Bachelorette, right?) in the hopes of finding "love" amongst 20-30 men she's never met, but couldn't quit her job for 1 man she already (supposedly) fell in love with.
She was on Jimmy Kimmel Live later that night (I normally don't watch that show) and she said that it was her last day at Facebook. She even acknowledged that she worked at Facebook. She did claim that she would fight hard to get that job back once she's done w/The Bachelorette.

Jeffrey Osborne came out to sing her a personalized song w/the same tune as On the Wings of Love but relating to her selling ads, social networking, etc.

Her having 50 guys sounded actually serious. ABC actually might grant her wish.

But back to Vienna. Ugh! I can't believe that the rumors were right. I'm surprised they lasted between the end of taping and the final ep's airing.
cwerdna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #7
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshopgrl View Post
I think Jake made the right choice. And I think I am finally free of this stupid show. I will NOT watch Ali be the next Bachelorette. Yuch.
We said that the last time and it somehow sucked us in again.

As far as his choice goes, Tenley (sp?) was too perfect. And by too perfect I mean boring.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:26 PM   #8
InterMurph

This was my first season with The Bachlor. These are my thoughts:

1) The show is highly scripted ("on this journey..." "falling for this girl...")
2) The only sincere person on the show was Tenley, and I am bummed for her. She deserves much better, although she did sign up for this show voluntarily.
3) The morning of the final rose ceremony, Jake is torn up. 10 minutes later, she says he is "100% sure" he made the right decision.
4) Vienna did absolutely nothing to earn the turnaround by Jake's family, especially his mother. I guess it's just what the script said had to happen.
5) Vienna might be slightly less sexy than the average woman, and she might be slightly more boring than the average woman. But Jake is about as boring as it gets. He's got the all the personality of balsa wood.
6) I think Ali quit the show for her job because she wasn't certain she would be picked, then quit her job for the show when she was certain she would be picked. Quite rational, actually. I liked her the best of all the women, despite her nastiness about Vienna. But it's clear she sees this show for what it is; a chance to become America's Sweetheart. And she did it.

Edit: I wish I had the wherewithal to edit together every "amazing!" that Jake uttered. I think it would be 15 minutes long.

Last edited by InterMurph : 03-02-2010 at 01:38 PM.
InterMurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:54 PM   #9
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
We said that the last time and it somehow sucked us in again.

As far as his choice goes, Tenley (sp?) was too perfect. And by too perfect I mean boring.
Actually I only said I wouldn't watch Jake as the Bachelor. And that wasn't because I hated him as much as I found him a snoozefest. Ali on the other hand, gained some serious hatred from me. Sure Vienna is a bit trailer and could use some class and maturity but I don't believe there's a vicious bone in her body. She just doesn't have a filter between her brain and her mouth. I can totally relate to that. It doesn't win me many friends either. Ali decided instead of concentrating on Jake to spend her days gathering the pack of mean girls to bash Vienna and make the girl feel like crap every second they could. It made for entertaining TV but I got my fill and have no desire to watch Miss Dead Eyes pick a man.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:25 PM   #10
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Quote:
Actually I only said I wouldn't watch Jake as the Bachelor. And that wasn't because I hated him as much as I found him a snoozefest. Ali on the other hand, gained some serious hatred from me. Sure Vienna is a bit trailer and could use some class and maturity but I don't believe there's a vicious bone in her body. She just doesn't have a filter between her brain and her mouth. I can totally relate to that. It doesn't win me many friends either. Ali decided instead of concentrating on Jake to spend her days gathering the pack of mean girls to bash Vienna and make the girl feel like crap every second they could. It made for entertaining TV but I got my fill and have no desire to watch Miss Dead Eyes pick a man.

Really??

Not according to the story I just saw about her:

Quote:
Turns out "The Bachelor" contestant Vienna Girardi has made more enemies than just the other girls in the house.

The 23-year-old former Hooters waitress allegedly took $5,000 from ex-husband Josh Riley to pay for a boob job while he was deployed in Iraq, UsWeekly.com reports.

"She took every bit of his money. I know that boob job was the first thing she had done," Gale, her former mother-in-law, told the magazine.

Furthermore Gale told the mag that Girardi put Riley's things in storage after he was deployed, and wouldn't tell his family where. When Riley returned home after being injured in a bomb explosion, his belongings were gone.

And there's more.

Riley himself told the mag, "She slept with one of my buddies I was deployed with . . . I'm 99 percent sure she cheated on me."

It comes as no surprise, then, that he calls their 10-month marriage a "mistake."

Alfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #11
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Yeah well you know what they say about tabloids and ex-husband/wives and good god the in laws must have hated her from day one. I take that with a very large grain of salt. Until I see proof, it's not part of the opinion I have formed.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #12
Alfer
WOOSAH!

In the end we all know they will never get married and we'll see one or both in People Magazine like all the rest saying "Oh poor me...it just didn't work out ..we just weren't as compatible as we thought.." blah blah blah....
Old 03-02-2010, 03:51 PM   #13
Magnolia88
She likes cheese.

Ah, it's every girl's dream to receive a proposal from a man who, just moments before, said he was "so in love" with another woman. ::sigh:: Yeah, that bodes well for the marriage.

I agree that this guy is dull as dirt. There are cute guys who also have a personality, ABC. Look into that.
Magnolia88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #14
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Yeah well you know what they say about tabloids and ex-husband/wives and good god the in laws must have hated her from day one. I take that with a very large grain of salt. Until I see proof, it's not part of the opinion I have formed.
So instead you base your opinion on a highly edited 'reality' show? Seems fair.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #15
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
So instead you base your opinion on a highly edited 'reality' show? Seems fair.
LOL I know how edited it is. You form your opinions your way and I'll do the same. K? Jesus.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #16
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Quote:
Actually I only said I wouldn't watch Jake as the Bachelor.
I was actually talking about the wife and I.

Choosing Ally may actually help us (wife and I) keep our word this time.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:07 PM   #17
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschuman View Post

I dislike almost everyone involved with this show - why do I keep watching?? Arg!
I know... I hate myself...

Well I would have bet my lunch money it was going to be Gia, so that shows how much I know about love.

Last edited by bareyb : 03-04-2010 at 01:02 AM.
bareyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:32 AM   #18
Alfer
WOOSAH!

So what date is everyone picking that they announce their break up to the world?

I'm guessing right around October give or take a month or two...that way he can still have his fun with her prancing around the pools in her bikini's etc.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #19
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

I say they at least make it past the season of DWTS then it depends if Jakey can whore himself out to any other TV shows.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:02 AM   #20
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

So he didn't choose the hottest one? What?
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:08 AM   #21
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
No he didn't choose Gia:

Old 03-04-2010, 01:44 PM   #22
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I KNOW!!! He totally went off script! I think he simply picked the one it would be the easiest to break up with later. She comes with a built-in excuse for why it didn't work out. She can't get along with ANYBODY afterall...

Last edited by bareyb : 03-04-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #23
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
No he didn't choose Gia:

Wow.

Can I choose her?
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:12 AM   #24
Dssturbo1

I was hoping Gia would be the new Bachelorette instead of Ali.
Dssturbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:07 AM   #25
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
So what date is everyone picking that they announce their break up to the world?

I'm guessing right around October give or take a month or two...that way he can still have his fun with her prancing around the pools in her bikini's etc.

Wow!! Did I call it or what...almost exactly on schedule!

Quote:
Now, just a little more than three months after their romantic tale was told on the show, the two have called it quits, their rep Janice Lee tells People.com: "Jake and Vienna have split. They appreciate the respect for their privacy at this time." No reason was given.
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...irardi-split/1

...and you can pretty much be sure the same will happen with the current show and the one after that...etc.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #26
zalusky

He most likely was waiting till his DWTS marketing was over with.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:07 PM   #27
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
I KNOW!!! He totally went off script! I think he simply picked the one it would be the easiest to break up with later. She comes with a built-in excuse for why it didn't work out. She can't get along with ANYBODY afterall...
Yeah. I think we all saw this coming... Vienna = bad catch.

Last edited by bareyb : 06-22-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:10 PM   #28
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

My wife couldn't stand him. She called him a fame whore. She's gonna love this story!
Old 06-24-2010, 02:31 PM   #29
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

US magazine is saying Vienna cheated on him.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:55 PM   #30
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
US magazine is saying Vienna cheated on him.
Interesting... Vienna is saying that "Jake Won't be Intimate with me".

Quote:
"We haven't been intimate in months now," Vienna says in the July 5 issue of Star magazine. "More than four months. At first his excuse was that he was fasting. The second excuse was that he didn't feel like it. And the third excuse was that he said that he felt that I wouldn't understand that he wants to wait until marriage, even though I told him I'd support him. Then the last excuse was that we fight so much that I push him away. I was like, really — which excuse is it? I literally have been living six months with this guy who won't be intimate with me!"

Unless they're in public. "He kisses me only if we're on a red carpet or if cameras are there," she says.
I'm notoriously blind to such things, but has anyone's "gaydar" gone off with Jake? It would definitely explain some things... Like picking Vienna over Gia...

Last edited by bareyb : 06-24-2010 at 06:46 PM.