TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-09-2014, 02:26 PM   #1
moonscape

Comcast Promotion for premiums

I'm not sure if this is country-wide or regional, but while at Comcast last week picking up a cable card, I asked if there were any HBO deals, or what it would cost.

She said there was a special on premiums for $5/month for a year! That was too good to pass up even for cheapskate me so I got HBO.

It's good through the end of the month (I think.) I'm in Northern CA.
moonscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:40 PM   #2
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Sounds too good to be true, is there a major service commitment? Usually good sounding deals like that involve at least a 2 year commitment were the first year is cheap but the second is much higher.

I had similar deal with my cable co were it was cheaper to get a cable box with 2 premium channel groups which was cheaper overall than getting just the two premium channel groups. Catch involved a service commitment which is OK if you don't plan on moving or getting satellite.
TiVo Premiere

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:43 PM   #3
tarheelblue32

A friend of mine told me she just got Showtime for $10/month for a year from Comcast but this is the first I've heard of the $5/month deal.
tarheelblue32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:55 PM   #4
moonscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboydog View Post
Sounds too good to be true, is there a major service commitment? Usually good sounding deals like that involve at least a 2 year commitment were the first year is cheap but the second is much higher.
Nope. I have a promotional deal for service that is up in May, and I call them every year to get whatever they have at the time. So far, I've always gotten the first-time customer one. We'll see if my luck runs out in May.

She just said the price was good for a year, and if I decided I wanted Showtime for a year for $5/month also to come back in to her if for any reason the 800 number didn't give it to me, and that the promotion was good through the end of this month.

I'll watch my bill closely
moonscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:40 PM   #5
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

When I added HBO to my Limited Basic + Internet bundle the new bundle price was actually $5 less than I had been paying. Comcast is marketing to the cord cutters with cheap HBO.
pdhenry is offline   Reply With Quote