TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-30-2014, 07:30 PM   #1
brianric

Walking Dead Marathon

Every Walking Dead episode with a new Talking Dead with preview Season 5 Starting Friday morning (July 4) at 9 AM.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:29 PM   #2
mattack

There's so many I probably won't record them, but I do wonder if they're edited or full..

Since it originally aired on AMC, and it's a new enough show, I think it's possible they're the entire episodes, and not hacked up.. but I always wonder in cases like this..

Cable-channel specific shows are one of the few times lately where I have watched 'reruns', hoping they weren't too hacked up.. (Though I can't think of an example..)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:54 PM   #3
Jim_TV

I've been trying to get my mom & dad to watch this from the start. Just sent them an email to give them a heads up.
Jim_TV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:31 PM   #4
DeDondeEs

The ad for the marathon got my hopes up that the season was going to continue soon, but it is still several months off.
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:39 PM   #5
brianric

And if that marathon wasn’t enough for you, AMC has two brand new hour-long documentary specials that they’ll be airing between now and Season 5’s premiere. Inside the Walking Dead, which will air on Tuesday, July 8, will take viewers far behind-the-scenes of the series with the executive producers, as well as getting in-depth explanations from production designers and makeup artists, among others. A week later, on Tuesday, July 15, is Inside the Walking Dead: Walker University, which will take a trip to the series’ Zombie School and focus on the process of turning people into walkers, from the choreography to the makeup to the acting motivations.

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...als-64997.html
Old 07-03-2014, 11:02 PM   #6
Cainebj

wow thanks for posting this

cos of the new TWC lineup
i would have missed the new talking dead and the inside specials
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #7
sharkster

Thanks for the info, Brian, on the 'inside' shows. I had the first one but didn't know about the second one.

I'll probably watch some of the marathon, even though I've seen most eps a couple of times. It's the kind of show where you can sometimes see something new (especially is your memory is leaking out your brain like mine is. heh).
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:26 PM   #8
brianric

Crucifix in Southern Baptist Church

I'm watching the Walking Dead Marathon, and in Season 2, Episode 1 while everyone is looking for Carol's daughter a Southern Baptist Church is showing a big crucifix inside the church. I thought most Protestant denominations used the cross, and Roman Catholic, Anglican, Episcopalian, Eastern Orthodox and Lutheran used the crucifix. Do Southern Baptists use the crucifix?
Old 07-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #9
Goober96

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
I'm watching the Walking Dead Marathon, and in Season 2, Episode 1 while everyone is looking for Carol's daughter a Southern Baptist Church is showing a big crucifix inside the church. I thought most Protestant denominations used the cross, and Roman Catholic, Anglican, Episcopalian, Eastern Orthodox and Lutheran used the crucifix. Do Southern Baptists use the crucifix?
Not generally. In Hollywood's worldview, all Christians are Catholic so not surprising they would foul that up.
Goober96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:53 PM   #10
sharkster

I've been watching bits of this off and on. It's nice going back and seeing some parts and re-remembering, or catching for the first time, some details.

That said, I'm watching the prison fight right now. I'm getting anxiety watching this hot mess. All these people, who could shoot the head off a pin at 100 yards can't hit the broad side of a barn in these scenes. argh! Ok, moving on...
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:06 PM   #11
ej42137

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
I've been watching bits of this off and on. It's nice going back and seeing some parts and re-remembering, or catching for the first time, some details.

That said, I'm watching the prison fight right now. I'm getting anxiety watching this hot mess. All these people, who could shoot the head off a pin at 100 yards can't hit the broad side of a barn in these scenes. argh! Ok, moving on...
Actually, that was completely realistic. It's way different when the target is shooting back!
ej42137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:04 AM   #12
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
Do Southern Baptists use the crucifix?

Some do because they may have purchased the edifice and didn't see a need to remove or replace the crucifix. Also, many denominational traditions of Protestants are being ignored these days.
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote