TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-21-2014, 10:13 PM   #1
eboydog
Busy watching TiVoTv

Is there any value in good upgraded DSR704 ??

I have a good DSR704 that I last used when I stopped using Dtv in 2008, upgraded with a 500gb drive, Ptvnet w/t a netgear 10/100 USB adapter and other "little mods" that allow a little more flexibility like MRV. I haven't had it up since I dropped Directv and went to cable in 2008 and I fired it up tonight and short of having no antenna to connect it to, it's running perfectly.

Is it worth much,? Will Directv allow such an old unit to be subscribed and didn't they change most channels to a different satellite that requires the newer leased receivers?

It has a nice Seagate 7200 rpm drive that hasn't seen much use so I'm trying to decide if it's worth more as it is, or scrap it and keep the drive for something else. Only thing I can use it for is to use it as a viewing TV box and stream content to it from a pc since the MRV only works with similer Dtv modded boxes (which I also have a DSR708 that is setup the same but with a 300gb drive).

TiVo 3Tb Roamio basic
TiVo Premiere
TiVo Stream
TiVo Mini
eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:28 AM   #2
litzdog911
TechKnow Guide

You can search on eBay, but I don't think it's worth much unless somebody wants it for parts.
HR10-250 HD DVR 400GB (v6.4a)
H21-200 HD Receiver
R10 DVR 160GB (v6.4a)
litzdog911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:39 PM   #3
CrashHD
I am the me.

They bring very little on ebay anymore. Even if it was an HR10 it wouldn't bring much.

MRV has been completely busted since then anyway. A few years back, they changed something about the guide data, and if you were still at 6.2a (last MRV capable version), you would lose many/most of your local stations.