TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-15-2014, 04:53 PM   #1
spincut

Suddenly I can't watch anything on my phone?

I wasn't a "great" feature in the first place when just using my phone as the remote viewing device (the download seemed relatively slow too), but at least a month or so ago I remember being able to download shows off my box and onto my phone. Now just about every show I try to do it with it says it's copyright protected. Not some shows, but EVERY SHOW, it seems. Was this a normal change? Because as it stands it seemingly went from me being able to do this with any shows, to no shows. Did they add an update effectively crippling this feature?

Last edited by spincut : 05-15-2014 at 05:01 PM.
spincut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:01 PM   #2
mrizzo80

Post your cable provider and general location.
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:35 PM   #3
spincut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrizzo80 View Post
Post your cable provider and general location.
My provider is Comcast and I live in Minnesota. However, as I stated, it worked very differently (no copyright warnings) just a month or so ago..
Old 05-15-2014, 07:07 PM   #4
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

Comcast here only sets the copy bit on Premium channels (Hbo, Skinimax, etc). Its possible they turned it on there, either by mistake or on purpose.

I'd first sign out of the Tivo app (the gear icon at the top), force close it and then re-launch and sign back in.

No change? I'd be tempted to reboot everything involved in the process: Tivo, Stream, all networking equipment, the phone, etc.

Do you have more than one tivo of Premiere or newer generation? You can see if you can transfer or just stream between units to see if the no-copy bit is really set or if you're having some sort of glitch.
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:15 PM   #5
spincut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgnad View Post
Comcast here only sets the copy bit on Premium channels (Hbo, Skinimax, etc). Its possible they turned it on there, either by mistake or on purpose.

I'd first sign out of the Tivo app (the gear icon at the top), force close it and then re-launch and sign back in.

No change? I'd be tempted to reboot everything involved in the process: Tivo, Stream, all networking equipment, the phone, etc.

Do you have more than one tivo of Premiere or newer generation? You can see if you can transfer or just stream between units to see if the no-copy bit is really set or if you're having some sort of glitch.
So just to be sure, this copy protection on everything is not supposed to be happening? Because yeah, it's anything from a movie channel, to comedy central, Cartoon Network, CBS, NBC, ect.

And yeah, at this rate I've relogged into and out of everything (not sure why that would have fixed it though?), and that didn't appear to fix anything?