TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-10-2014, 05:14 PM   #1
filovirus

Mini Wall/Back of TV Mount

I bought a 24 inch Vizio HDTV and a mini to use in some various rooms around the house. I didn't buy the wall mount kit but have the Slide remote and bluetooth usb adapter. The screw slots on the back of the mini do not align with the tv vesa threads. I guess I could use one, but I tried some small heavy duty velcro on the four pads and pressed it against the back of the tv. It ventilates above at the top, so I don't anticipate overheating. The mini appears to have enough ventilation in it's case too.

Should I consider getting the mounting kit? How does this attach to the tv? There is no documentation at the website.

The velcro seems like it is doing a fine job and the cabling is clean. The TV is very light and ideal for moving it to various rooms as needed.

Thanks,
Filo.

Last edited by filovirus : 05-10-2014 at 05:18 PM. Reason: pictures
filovirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:03 PM   #2
tarheelblue32

This setup looks just fine to me. Just be careful not to have the back of the TV (the top of the Mini) pressed right up against the wall so the Mini has room for ventilation.
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:21 PM   #3
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

looks like you've got it handled! the official bracket is plastic and doesn't look super sturdy. (there was one report on here back in the day about someone snapping one when trying to hang the mini on it) As long as the velcro you used is strong enough...
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:07 PM   #4
filovirus

Thanks. The velcro is strong and I don't see the TV being less than 6-8 from a wall. This is a nice little portable 1080p TV that I can move nearly anywhere in my house - except the throne room
filovirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:57 AM   #5
mpaquette

How do you get the remote to work in this setup? I'm considering doing this with my bedroom TV but wasn't sure how to handle the remote.
mpaquette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:11 AM   #6
BigJimOutlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpaquette View Post
How do you get the remote to work in this setup? I'm considering doing this with my bedroom TV but wasn't sure how to handle the remote.
The OP is using the Slide remote w/dongle, which doesn't need line of sight (you can see the USB dongle next to the Mini in the 2nd pic).

But sometimes the regular remote works fine if the IR can bounce off the wall behind the TV/Mini and hit the IR sensor.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #7
DeltaOne
Mount Airy, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimOutlaw View Post
TBut sometimes the regular remote works fine if the IR can bounce off the wall behind the TV/Mini and hit the IR sensor.
It does. I have a Mini mounted on the wall behind a TV and the remote works normally. Both the TV and Mini are mounted high (near the ceiling) in a corner of my bedroom.

In my kitchen I have a free standing cabinet under a wall mounted TV and I mounted the Mini on the back of the cabinet. This arrangement doesn't work quite as well as the one in the bedroom -- but it works well enough that I'm satisfied with the set up.
DeltaOne is online now   Reply With Quote