TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-03-2015, 09:34 AM   #1
2004raptor
time to emancipate

I'm not sure what to do? Mini questions.

I updated an older post of mine about my Roamio basic and mini having issues. Currently, everything is ethernet. I'm now contemplating going MocA. But looking at some of the threads, I am left confused. Not to mention other people are having issues with moca as well.

Would my Roamio stay on my regular ethernet network??? Or do the roamio and mini have to be on a moca network?

What kind of hardware do I need (this may be the deal breaker)? Do I need a moca adapter for he incoming cable and each device (roamio, mini)?

I'm going to reset everything on my ethernet network one more time today but I am beyond frustrated with everything tivo at the moment. It sucks paying hundreds of dollars and not being able to watch tv in the bedroom. Seems like such a simple task.

2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:54 AM   #2
jrtroo
User

Its just a bigger network, using a different wire. So you can leave the Roamio alone.

If you want us to see your actual problem, a link in your post would be handy.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:00 AM   #3
supasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
What kind of hardware do I need (this may be the deal breaker)? Do I need a moca adapter for he incoming cable and each device (roamio, mini)?
Yes. The Roamio Basic does not include a built-in MoCA adapter, so you would need one for each device.

These links should help:

https://www.tivo.com/my-account/how-...etwork#option2
http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2412
http://www.tivo.com/my-account/how-to/what-moca

XBOX LIVE: fiftyfootfang
supasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:23 AM   #4
poppagene
User

The mini has moca built in so you would need a moca adapter for the router at the least. If you want to go with moca for the roamio yu'll need one for there as well. If the roamio is connected directly to the router, you shouldn't need a moca adapter for the tivo.

If either the mini or the tivo are connected to a green switch, try replacing the switch with one that doesn't have the power saving feature. From the sound of your problem -- everything works when rebooting everything, but stops connecting after awhile -- that sounds like a green switch problem.

poppagene is offline   Reply With Quote