TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-15-2016, 11:09 PM   #1
deepthinker

Question I Know There Is a Place Here for Sales, but quick Roamio question

So what does everyone think is a fair price for a Roamio Plus with a 4TB drive with Lifetime? Have two and thinking of selling one and buying a 4 tuner Roamio OTA with no fees for the majority of my broadcast network recordings. Besides, we got to the point where we needed one more tuner than 8 back in the day, but keeping a Roamio with 6 tuners and then buying an OTA with just the four for a total of 10 perfectly fits our needs and allows us to drop one CableCard fee. Hoping for the 6 tuner Roamio Plus/lifetime with 4TB to definitely pay for the $400 Roamio OTA plus an upgrade drive purchase or at the very least the Roamio OTA price alone.

Thanks

Previously
2 DirecTiVo's
2 TiVo HD's
2 Premieres, Returned, as they were buggy garbage when they first came out.
deepthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:30 PM   #2
deepthinker

Oh and I forgot

I still have two Series 3 HD TiVo's collecting dust. Never got around to trying to sell them. Are they even worth anything anymore?

Previously
2 DirecTiVo's
2 TiVo HD's
Old 06-16-2016, 04:07 AM   #3
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepthinker View Post
I still have two Series 3 HD TiVo's collecting dust. Never got around to trying to sell them. Are they even worth anything anymore?
Assuming you formally and officially discontinued service on those 652s quite some time back they can't ever be re-subbed again, so start 'em on your local (shipping costs make them too expensive if unsubbed) Craigslist as $20 parts machines if the power supplies and hard drives haven't died.

You may wind up having to bring the price down.

If they're still subbed, or were until recently, call TiVo about getting a reference number for the next owner to use to transfer the sub to their account--which is not the same as starting new sub after transferring ownership.

That might give them a little more resale value.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:14 AM   #4
fcfc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepthinker View Post
So what does everyone think is a fair price for a Roamio Plus with a 4TB drive with Lifetime? Have two and thinking of selling one and buying a 4 tuner Roamio OTA with no fees for the majority of my broadcast network recordings. Besides, we got to the point where we needed one more tuner than 8 back in the day, but keeping a Roamio with 6 tuners and then buying an OTA with just the four for a total of 10 perfectly fits our needs and allows us to drop one CableCard fee. Hoping for the 6 tuner Roamio Plus/lifetime with 4TB to definitely pay for the $400 Roamio OTA plus an upgrade drive purchase or at the very least the Roamio OTA price alone.

Thanks
The best way to get current value is to search Ebay and then look through the recently "sold" items, a check box on the left. Yours will be on the higher end because of the 4TB drive. You should easily be able to recoup $400 for your Roamio OTA purchase.

fcfc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:30 PM   #5
deepthinker

Thanks folks!

Previously
2 DirecTiVo's
2 TiVo HD's