Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-13-2014, 12:51 AM   #1
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Recordings stopping halfway through...

My TiVo Premiere appears to be recording 6 things at once even though obviously that's not possible. When I check the recordings, they were all recordings that stopped somewhere in the middle and appear to still be recording even though they aren't. I rebooted and the false recordings went away… but I'm still missing half of about 4 of my recordings from today. Any idea what's going on? They are at different times so it wasn't a power outage.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:21 AM   #2
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

There are two glitches occurring right now that maybe might explain some of it?

1. Overlap... The tivo software now tries to use one tuner when recording sequential shows on a channel, this causes two problems, that there is a glitch in the 2nd recording when the 1st one ends, and if the overlap is large some peeps have reported problems with missed recordings

2. If you manually adjust recording times of say, something scheduled to record via a season pass, It sometimes makes duplicate copies of recordings that have a screwed up name (that supposedly eventually fixes itself) that appear to be recording at the same time.

Both of these are scheduled to be fixed in the next update.

The other option is that your tivo was temporarily insane and the reboot straightened it out.
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:16 PM   #3
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Yeah. I'm not sure now… It seems to be working again. I've had it freeze up and need a reboot if I leave it Paused for too long too. This box has always been a little glitchy compared to my earlier models. Of course it does a lot more too soooo…. I'll take a wait and see attitude. Appreciate the feedback Ignad.