TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:48 AM   #1
JC Fedorczyk

NETFLIX REBOOTS: Where's the fix?

Tivo Margaret had mentioned a fix to this coming in the December release last year that didn't seem to materialize.

Would love to know what the deal is and when we can expect a fix.
JC Fedorczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:44 AM   #2
jrtroo
User

Has your box updated to the latest software? That did already happen. Do you have the netflix interface that provides profiles, that is their latest iteration.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:47 AM   #3
JC Fedorczyk

I believe so but when was the latest update? Other threads are noting reboots still occurring. I was hoping for a definitive answer of yes it's fixed.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #4
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Fedorczyk View Post
I believe so but when was the latest update? Other threads are noting reboots still occurring. I was hoping for a definitive answer of yes it's fixed.
It is almost fixed but I will not watch Netflix if I am recording anything on my Roamio as a re-boot will break up the recording. The re-boots are not as bad as they were, only happened to me once in the last month, but it has never happened if I am not recording anything on the Roamio, don't know if that has anything to do with the re-boot issue.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:59 AM   #5
ustavio

I was hopeful that the reboot issue was fixed with the latest UI and the return of profiles. I have noticed either instant SuperHD or a faster surge to SuperHD, even during peak hours. So Netflix and/or TiVo are tinkering in a positive direction.

However, I just experienced another reboot out of the blue. So this issue is obviously still not completely resolved. I was not recording anything at the time so I don't think it matters but just the same, I won't watch Netflix if I'm recording anything.
ustavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:02 AM   #6
bbrown9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
Has your box updated to the latest software? That did already happen. Do you have the netflix interface that provides profiles, that is their latest iteration.
Neither of those updates fixed the reboot problem.
bbrown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:00 PM   #7
JC Fedorczyk

Well that's dissapointing. At the very least they should be providing an update on when they expect to release a fix. Hopefully March or April as that seems to be the next update window but that's a long time to wait. Poor form on their part.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:46 PM   #8
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

Its definitely a lot better, at least for me.

The old version of the app, like 25% of the time it would totally stop responding to the remote, and every day it felt like it was like 50/50 a spontaneous reboot would happen at some point.

I've been watching netflix a lot lately on my mini (a couple-few hours a day, most days) and I've had no responsiveness issues and I've had ONE reboot.
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:14 PM   #9
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Fedorczyk View Post
Did you contact Tivo and/or write up a bug at forum.tivo.com?
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:32 AM   #10
JC Fedorczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Did you contact Tivo and/or write up a bug at forum.tivo.com?
They're already aware of it. At least that's my assumption since Tivo Margaret actually posted that they know of it and a fix was supposed to be dropped with last year's update.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:53 PM   #11
JC Fedorczyk

Snort. Submitting a ticket to Tivo support resulted in the "did you try rebooting it" answer...

Where's Tivo Margaret!!!!???!!!!
Old 01-30-2014, 03:07 PM   #12
jrtroo
User

She does not work here, so you would need to reach out to her in other ways than one of a thousand threads.

My view is the last update did fix netflix issues. But, unfortunately, it just did not fix yours.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:04 PM   #13
JC Fedorczyk

For those people that are still experiencing reboots please open up tickets with Tivo. I followed up on my trouble ticket and was told the following.

Quote:
I am unaware of any known issue currently with our TiVo Roamio Series units and issues with Netflix causing these units to reboot. There is no Trend Tracker which is a list of known errors we have.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:38 PM   #14
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
My view is the last update did fix netflix issues. But, unfortunately, it just did not fix yours.
I agree; there have been multiple releases and fixes for the Netflix rebooting issues - there are many fewer people being affected now than in the early days. But it sounds like they still have a bug or two more to squash, so those being affected should definitely make sure TiVo knows there is still a problem.