TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-28-2014, 09:25 AM   #1
falc122727

MRV and On-demand

Just purchased a Roamio and confirmed that Xfinity On-demand is available for TiVos in my area.

1) If I purchased some Mini's, would they have independent access to On-demand too?

2) Will I be able to access On-demand with an old 2 Tuner TivoHD MRV'd to the Roamio?
falc122727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:42 AM   #2
tatergator1

The Mini's will have access to On Demand. The Comcast/Tivo On Demand implementation uses a tuner on the Roamio to deliver the selected video. The Mini would also "borrow" a tuner from the Roamio, just like you were watching Live TV on the Mini, to view On Demand on the Mini.

Older Tivo units would not get On Demand.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:46 AM   #3
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by falc122727 View Post
Just purchased a Roamio and confirmed that Xfinity On-demand is available for TiVos in my area.

1) If I purchased some Mini's, would they have independent access to On-demand too?

2) Will I be able to access On-demand with an old 2 Tuner TivoHD MRV'd to the Roamio?
OD, if available on the host TiVo, (at least a 4 tuner TiVo) will be available on the Mini but only one OD program is possible to watch between the host and the Mini.
You can only watch programs recorded on your two tuner TiVo, on the Mini, but you still need a 4 or more tuner TiVo as a host for the Mini.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:48 AM   #4
falc122727

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
The Mini's will have access to On Demand. The Comcast/Tivo On Demand implementation uses a tuner on the Roamio to deliver the selected video. The Mini would also "borrow" a tuner from the Roamio, just like you were watching Live TV on the Mini, to view On Demand on the Mini.

Older Tivo units would not get On Demand.
Thanks. So other than the storage space my old TiVoHD with Lifetime will have less functionality than a Mini. Looks like it would be worth it to sell the TiVoHD and use the proceeds to buy a Mini with Lifetime.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:53 AM   #5
falc122727

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
OD, if available on the host TiVo, (at least a 4 tuner TiVo) will be available on the Mini but only one OD program is possible to watch between the host and the Mini.
So just to be clear, If I have a 6 tuner Roamio and two Mini's, I cannot watch 3 different OD programs simultaneously, only one at a time?
Old 01-28-2014, 10:06 AM   #6
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by falc122727 View Post
So just to be clear, If I have a 6 tuner Roamio and two Mini's, I cannot watch 3 different OD programs simultaneously, only one at a time?
I just tested that and you can get to OD on the 2nd unit but you can't watch, you just get a message that there is a problem, try later. So one OD program per cable card.