TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Stream
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-10-2014, 01:10 PM   #1
mae

Stream software updated

Just noticed that after the Fall Update, the Stream has been updated in my Plus...

Software Version: 19.1.7-USB-6
Build Date: Jun 10 2014-18:22:21
mae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:17 PM   #2
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae View Post
Just noticed that after the Fall Update, the Stream has been updated in my Plus...

I noticed that as well... My test case of one lengthy stream this morning appears solid where 19.1.6 would sometime pause/crash and require a restart.
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #3
bradleys
It'll be fine....

TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:52 PM   #4
JWhites

Still no update to the standalone Stream.
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:53 PM   #5
tatergator1

Not really that surprising. With Android streaming basically promised at the end of the month, a back-end update as part of the typical update process was to be expected, and, honestly, probably the main motivation of releasing an update now, instead of the Typical "Fall Update" time-frame of November.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:57 PM   #6
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
In the grand scheme of things, there are relatively few stand-alone Streams out there. Tivo just pushes those all out at once, probably in the next week or two. with the general release of this Tivo update.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:04 PM   #7
bradleys
It'll be fine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
In the grand scheme of things, there are relatively few stand-alone Streams out there. Tivo just pushes those all out at once, probably in the next week or two. with the general release of this Tivo update.
I suspect it will be out within the next 48 hours. Simple segmentation, Roamio based, then stand alone.

I expect we will see an updated "app" (IOS and Android) within the next 14 days.

But let's not get overly hyped and then disappointed by our own enthusiasm this time - whatcha say?
TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 02:06 PM   #8
JWhites

There's really a lot more stand alone streams out there then you think, and even so it's the same internal components so a push out is a push out.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:42 PM   #9
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys View Post
I suspect it will be out within the next 48 hours. Simple segmentation, Roamio based, then stand alone.

I expect we will see an updated "app" (IOS and Android) within the next 14 days.

But let's not get overly hyped and then disappointed by our own enthusiasm this time - whatcha say?
I'll have to disagree on the stand-alone Stream update timing. The 20.4.4 update only became available yesterday evening, to Priority List subscribers only. It's always at least a week before they start a general roll out, usually 2+ weeks. You can't sign the stand-alone Stream up for the Priority List, and I'm sure Tivo wants a buffer of any unforeseen issues of the new Stream software on the Priority List Roamios to filter through the customer support channels before they blast it out the the Stand-alones. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #10
JWhites

According to tech support the standalone Stream is included in the limited CS RAMP release of this new software version. Basically the CS RAMP release is a test run for certain random Streams both standalone and built in to see if any problems arise with the 20.4.4 release. So the title of this thread isn't correct because it's only for certain Streams and not a general release.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:03 PM   #11
JWhites

Second agent confirmed.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:29 PM   #12
mae

Title IS correct

Quote:
So the title of this thread isn't correct because it's only for certain Streams and not a general release.
The title and my post ARE correct.

It says that after the update, the Stream in my Plus was updated. It was. The thread was started to point out that fact to other interested users.

Any generalities posted by others after that are not relevant to the title.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:52 PM   #13
JWhites

Because it was posted in the Stream section and not the Roamio section people reading the title are possibly going to think that it's a general release when it currently isn't. It could be misleading. That's all.

Last edited by JWhites : 09-10-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:53 PM   #14
mae

We just disagree

Quote:
Because it was posted in the Stream section and not the Roamio section people reading the title are possibly going to think that it's a general release when it currently isn't. It could be misleading. That's all.
The post was about the Stream, posted here because not all Romio's have a Stream built in. As another poster said, there are many more Plus' and Pro's with built in Streams than standalones, and Stream issues are dealt with here.

Your post

Quote:
Is actually more incorrect, since some standalones, by your own post

Quote:
According to tech support the standalone Stream is included in the limited CS RAMP release of this new software version.

have been updated. YOUR Stream hasn't been.

I've been on the board for 13 years, and it amazes me that so few people want to help others, contribute knowledge because they are discouraged by nit-pickers with their own peeves and agendas that distract from the good intentions of others.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:45 PM   #15
JWhites

My first post was before I spoke to the tech and didn't get around to removing it yet. Not every TiVo user comes to the forums and unless I missed something and TiVo has come out with their sales figures comparing the number of Roamios to stand alone Streams sold, it's only words.
Just because another user says there are more built in Streams in the Roamios then standalones doesn't exactly make it fact.
You should know this for being on the board for as long as you've said.
I simply said that the title could be misleading, that's all. I don't see the point in going further on this. I apologize if it upset you as that was not the intention. Take care.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:40 PM   #16
mae

I'm done in this thread...nothing useful coming out of it

Quote:
I simply said that the title could be misleading, that's all.
You didn't say misleading...

Quote:
So the title of this thread isn't correct ...
Not very accurate for someone who carefully parses other people's words.

As for Romio's vs. Stream sales, you're right that that we don't really know, but TiVo's financials include activation numbers and they are significant. If they were as significant for Stream sales they would highlight that. I THINK there are far more Plus' and Pro's than standalone Streams. I had one for my PXL and sold it when it was replaced. I bought it on Best Buy clearance. I also doubt they would have dumped them at half price if had been a hot product. They still stock Plus' and Pro's.

I'm done here. Going back to trying to help people like I did in this thread...
Quote:
The only channels on FIOS that require a CORRECT pairing are the HBO, Cinemax channels and 131 (which they use to test pairing on installs without those channels).

You can go online and try to pair it on their website, call and try and get a competent CSR, or go to the VZ Direct Forum on DSL Reports or Twitter.

The card is authorized, but not paired, since that is dependent upon the host and data ids which are generated by each piece of equipment, so they changed when you moved TiVos. In fact, even if you put it back in the old one, they would have changed with the move, so you would have to do it again.

A new card will require either the on line pairing or a call, so you might as well try to get the one you have working. If you go by the phone route, keep insisting they send pairing signals with the NEW numbers (on the cablecard screen) until you get someone who knows how. That's why I used the VZ Direct Forum.

We've all been there, good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackamus View Post
THANK YOU! I called twice until I got someone who knew what they are doing. He fixed both of my TiVo's. I didn't even know the 2nd was messed up. Again, Thank you. Now I don't have to wait to get a new cablecard.
That's what these boards should be for, not debating the unknowns when someone merely posts their software was updated in response to earlier conjecture about whether the Fall Update would include a Stream update.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:06 AM   #17
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
I simply said that the title could be misleading, that's all. I don't see the point in going further on this. I apologize if it upset you as that was not the intention. Take care.
Sorry, I have to go with the OP, you came in hot with the afterburners on going after the title when the title was fine and accurate, they used no qualifiers such as "all"
Old 09-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #18
JWhites

(Shrugs) I moved on.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:52 PM   #19
OCSMITH
VAWHEELS

"you came in hot with the afterburners on" LOL LOL LOL @dianebrat
1 Premier XL (For Sale) Lifetimed
1 Tivo Mini
1 TiVo Stream (For Sale)
2 Roku 3
1 Apple TV 3
OCSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #20
mattack

Quote:

At first I thought I'd have to remember to check when I got home, then I remembered the Tivo app.. Yeah, mine's updated too..

Though I think I still had the same problems last night that I have sometimes (still far less bad than some problems others talk about).. like trying to download ends up just stopping... and sometimes trying to download just makes me go back to set up the stream again... and it doesn't even SEE the stream for a few minutes (I have no idea if the stream itself is rebooting). Doesn't happen every day, but enough to be annoying.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:00 AM   #21
ilovedvrs

Bot my tivo & mini got an update yesterday...

Now where is my Android app?...
Old 09-12-2014, 09:07 AM   #22
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovedvrs View Post
Bot my tivo & mini got an update yesterday...

Now where is my Android app?...
End of the month for the Android app...
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #23
JWhites

Tech support and customer retention said Android app should be out September 30, so at least a date was sorta put on it. Also said the Stream software update is now out for general release and should be rolling out slowly to everyone.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:37 PM   #24
JWhites

For those with the new software update, any changes seen in the System Information screen for the Stream component?
Old 09-15-2014, 08:00 PM   #25
Austin Bike

I would love to be able to set a static IP for the stream. I have too many devices on the network and any time I reboot the router, IPs are all over the place.
Austin Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:04 PM   #26
JWhites

Can't that be done via the router DHCP reservation?
Old 09-15-2014, 11:10 PM   #27
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

Quote:
For those with the new software update, any changes seen in the System Information screen for the Stream component?
Roamio Stream (Tivo os 20.4.4a)
Software version 19.1.7-usb-6

Standalone stream 19.1.6-01-6

I have been flipping back and forth and I dont see any differences.
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:47 AM   #28
JWhites

Ok. Thanks. I've noticed on 19.1.6, that when doing out of home streaming I'm able to get all seven squares filled and on more then one occasion get encoding 1280x720 and target bitrate 2240000 from both my iPad and iPhone. I've not noticed this before till after the 20.4.4 update on my Premieres which was the only update anything of mine got so far so maybe it's responsible?

Last edited by JWhites : Yesterday at 01:56 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM   #29
moyekj

Quote:
Can't that be done via the router DHCP reservation?
Yes. That's what I do to get fixed IPs for all my devices even though I'm using DHCP for all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM   #30
JWhites

Cool. It really is a lot easier then setting devices manually especially if there are a lot of them.

Last edited by JWhites : Yesterday at 12:54 PM.