TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-23-2014, 03:42 PM   #1
marklyn

recording history anolomy/question...

Last night I had an issue with my Roamio plus and had to reload the channel list again, which takes several minutes.
During that time (say 6:55pm - 7:05pm) I was on the screen where it's downloading channel info. After I got out of that screen, I noticed my red light wasn't on (recording) and it was a few minutes after 7, so the recording should have started. This is a season pass and the show was a new show, so there is no doubt it should have recorded.
What puzzled me was why didn't the recording start anyway, and/or why is there no entry in the history about the show not being able to record (for whatever reason)?

Does it sound reasonable that there may be certain screens that you could be in that somehow take the Tivo 'offline' in some way that prevents a recording and history update from taking place?
MOCA
CC: Sci Atl PK802
TA: Cisco STA1520
TimeWarner Cable-Austin
marklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:01 PM   #2
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklyn View Post
Last night I had an issue with my Roamio plus and had to reload the channel list again, which takes several minutes.
During that time (say 6:55pm - 7:05pm) I was on the screen where it's downloading channel info. After I got out of that screen, I noticed my red light wasn't on (recording) and it was a few minutes after 7, so the recording should have started. This is a season pass and the show was a new show, so there is no doubt it should have recorded.
What puzzled me was why didn't the recording start anyway, and/or why is there no entry in the history about the show not being able to record (for whatever reason)?

Does it sound reasonable that there may be certain screens that you could be in that somehow take the Tivo 'offline' in some way that prevents a recording and history update from taking place?
Yes, there are screens that warn you that recordings will be stopped. Anything that resets the cable-card will cause problems, and some parts of guided setup may also do so.