TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
rlcarr

Does Boston-area FiOS have the right CableCARDs by default?

I live just outside Boston, have FiOS, and will very likely be getting a Roamio Pro pretty soon.

I've been reading CableCARD-related threads here and see that it's important to make sure to get a 514517-017-00 card from FiOS.

Is that pretty much all FiOS around here is giving out these days, or should I expect to have to bug the store to grab the right one?

Also, any recommendations on which FiOS store(s) to go to? Are some better than others or does it not really matter?

Thanks!
rlcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:45 AM   #2
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

I've had no issues with the Boston area Verizon CC's in a Roamio Pro
Old 01-23-2014, 11:48 AM   #3
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcarr View Post
I live just outside Boston, have FiOS, and will very likely be getting a Roamio Pro pretty soon.

I've been reading CableCARD-related threads here and see that it's important to make sure to get a 514517-017-00 card from FiOS.

Is that pretty much all FiOS around here is giving out these days, or should I expect to have to bug the store to grab the right one?

Also, any recommendations on which FiOS store(s) to go to? Are some better than others or does it not really matter?

Thanks!
That's old info. TiVo corrected the problem at some point so it would work with other versions of the cable card.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:48 PM   #4
BigJimOutlaw

Any m-card they give you will work. The issue was fixed a couple Tivo updates ago.

The only outstanding issue is on Verizon's end, in which cards activate fine, but don't always get paired corrected. This is likely only important if you subscribe to HBO or Cinemax. If you aren't receiving those channels after activation, contact Verizon (phone, chat, or twitter) and ask them to manually validate the card. That'll get the card paired correctly.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:04 PM   #5
rlcarr

Thanks for the update about a TiVo update having fixed the "need a specific card rev number" problem!

Yeah -- I did find all the threads about needed to request manual validation. Someone even had a very nice template to fill your host/data/etc. ID numbers into and paste into a chat
rlcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:14 PM   #6
HenryFarpolo

The stores are about the same. Call the one closest to Arlington to be sure they have the card. They generally have them on hand.
HenryFarpolo is offline   Reply With Quote