TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:55 PM   #301
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

That's the kind of thing I love to hear...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:59 PM   #302
jwbelcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty View Post
This offer should have been given to everyone who bought a premiere at launch. No one deserves it more than that group.
You should plead your case with Michaela and see if you can snare one. They seem to be making a push for the FY numbers. Who knows, you might get lucky
jwbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:01 PM   #303
BigJimOutlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMINTR View Post
^ true. I've been on the beta program since the original series 3. Didn't get an email either.
This wasn't a beta program gift, but that is kind of strange, isn't it? Random nonsense like what movies I (never) watch in the theater or what types of "spirits" I (never) drink are worth as much as $200, but beta testers who put in the time and work of massaging out sometimes buggy-ass software just get trinkets.

Last edited by BigJimOutlaw : 01-28-2014 at 02:11 PM.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:34 PM   #304
Grakthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCritter View Post
You continue to have a very unique and very peculiar approach to netiquette. I've never heard anybody else claim that avoiding an off-topic flame war is bad etiquette!

You don't avoid an off topic flame war by insulting someone, then refusing to respond to them anymore.

That's like sucker punching someone, then running away. I don't know where you live, but where I live, that gets you in some trouble.
Grakthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:49 PM   #305
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

First one to PM me gets my code...

XL4
Old 01-28-2014, 01:53 PM   #306
BlackBetty
I <3 TiVo!

Bierboy. PM sent and fingers crossed
BlackBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:54 PM   #307
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Bierboy. PM sent and fingers crossed
It's yours!

XL4
Old 01-28-2014, 02:00 PM   #308
BlackBetty
I <3 TiVo!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

One roamio pro and one mini. I can't wait!!
BlackBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:04 PM   #309
dave13077

If anyone has an extra code I would appreciate it. Thx
dave13077 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:06 PM   #310
jwbelcher

Quote:
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

One roamio pro and one mini. I can't wait!!
You can buy more than one mini in my experience.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:07 PM   #311
dbenrosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbelcher View Post
You can buy more than one mini in my experience.
Did you have to call someone to get more than one mini? I imagine the web site wouldn't allow such a thing with a single code.
dbenrosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:14 PM   #312
jwbelcher

The website will allow it. Got an order with 5 in queue. Hasn't shipped yet (nor cancelled), I'll report back.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:46 PM   #313
shrike4242

Quote:
The website will allow it. Got an order with 5 in queue. Hasn't shipped yet (nor cancelled), I'll report back.
That would also make me think you've signed up for five $6.95/month Mini subscription fees when they ship out.

Being able to order more than one Mini is nice, though needing to more than one $6.95/mo subscription is an issue if you're not bringing them all up to speed at once.

I know there's one very infrequently used Premiere XL in my house that I'd like to give to a relative and replace with a Mini, though that would leave only one more Premiere that I'd like to replace with a Mini, just not yet. If I could buy two Mini units at $25/each and not activate them or cancel them after a month's time, then I'd buy the second one and put in storage until I could cycle out the other Premiere XL with a Mini. Otherwise, I'd just buy the single Mini.

Former:
Sony S1, Toshiba RS-TX20 w/DVD burner, Tivo S2, S2 DT, S3, TivoHD, Premiere XL (one dead, one gifted, one w/Lifetime)
shrike4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:47 PM   #314
tivoboy

I defintely want to get more than one mini. I'll be trying it tonite. I emailed my contact at tivo and then Michaela sent me a code. So, thank's for the suggestion All.

New Roamio - nice .. now to try and get my lifetime premier transferred for less than 399$.
tivoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:47 PM   #315
tivoboy

Quesiton. Can anyone tell me if I can order, but do the upgrade and sub transfer later?
tivoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:56 PM   #316
jwbelcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike4242 View Post
That would also make me think you've signed up for five $6.95/month Mini subscription fees when they ship out.

Being able to order more than one Mini is nice, though needing to more than one $6.95/mo subscription is an issue if you're not bringing them all up to speed at once.

I know there's one very infrequently used Premiere XL in my house that I'd like to give to a relative and replace with a Mini, though that would leave only one more Premiere that I'd like to replace with a Mini, just not yet. If I could buy two Mini units at $25/each and not activate them or cancel them after a month's time, then I'd buy the second one and put in storage until I could cycle out the other Premiere XL with a Mini. Otherwise, I'd just buy the single Mini.
You'd be surprised - it was fairly expensive order But, you can mix and match lifetimes and monthly. They're all priced 24.99. The monthly cancellation in the first 30 shouldn't be handled any different. I am anxiously waiting to see if my order ship. Not sure why it wouldn't - I've done my part to bump their subscriptions for Q4
Old 01-28-2014, 02:57 PM   #317
Tivogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenrosen View Post
I took my email with the code on it to my local Best Buy hoping for a price match because I too have some rewards that are expiring soon. The guy said they match TiVo, but when he read the email he said they don't match one-of-a-kind offers which this was. So no joy for me. Obviously, YMMV.
Try another Best Buy.
Samsung 72", 56", 4 x 32" HDTV
Sony 40" HDTV
iRule + iTach Remotes
Tivogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #318
Sixto

TC CLUB MEMBER
They did tweet the following earlier "Call the #TiVo call center to learn more about an amazing limited time offer! Sale ends 1/31 so call 877-289-8486 NOW"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sixto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:09 PM   #319
dave13077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixto View Post
They did tweet the following earlier "Call the #TiVo call center to learn more about an amazing limited time offer! Sale ends 1/31 so call 877-289-8486 NOW"
I saw that also. Assuming it is the same current Romeo deals from the flyer they mailed and the Premiere offers they have been running for awhile. Wouldn't really expect anything other than that but if i am wrong let me know.
dave13077 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:18 PM   #320
shrike4242

Quote:
You'd be surprised - it was fairly expensive order But, you can mix and match lifetimes and monthly. They're all priced 24.99. The monthly cancellation in the first 30 shouldn't be handled any different. I am anxiously waiting to see if my order ship. Not sure why it wouldn't - I've done my part to bump their subscriptions for Q4
I could see them putting the kibosh on a 5 item order, though 2 I don't see them doing much to stop.

Hopefully it'll ship and you'll be Mini'd all over the place.

Former:
Sony S1, Toshiba RS-TX20 w/DVD burner, Tivo S2, S2 DT, S3, TivoHD, Premiere XL (one dead, one gifted, one w/Lifetime)
shrike4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:18 PM   #321
emax

I emailed her on Saturday and she replied to me back with a code yesterday, just a FYI
emax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:45 PM   #322
jonglee

I just called the 800 Tivo phone number with the unique promo code which netted (before tax) $799 for Pro with Lifetime. Just wondering how good a price that is, as I'm on the fence since I purchased a Premiere a bit over 2 years ago. Would love some opinions before the 1/31 deadline.

I plan to give the old Premiere to a friend but just wondering if I wait 6 months or a year folks think the prices will drop significantly on the Roamio Pro.

Thanks in advance.
jonglee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:06 PM   #323
ADGrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggie View Post
Thanks Phil! I see what you mean.

Thanks for your reply Griffith. Maybe you'll receive a letter tomorrow (fingers crossed!)

Just speaking for myself, I've never dropped in a larger drive. I don't open the units but just use them as I bought them.

Are you happy with your Pro?

I disagree with this. I don't hold onto the unit long enough for a lifetime plan to be beneficial.
I have enjoyed almost 15 years of use out of my lifetime Tivo sub. Got it in 1999 with my Series 1 and it is now on a TivoHD unit.
ADGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:29 PM   #324
ADGrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
Yes, CS supports that position. As do I, it is expensive insurance and is sold for one reason only, profit to the seller. If you choose to never use it, then you keep that profit yourself as over the course of all purchases these are obviously used seldomly.

However, the folks here, generally, love to purchase EWs, despite the logic of them. In a similar way, many pay Tivo monthly service for years not realizing the benefit of lifetime service. These folks are probably subsidizing my fees, so I should probably shut up now.
With lifetime service an ew might be a good idea. Should guarantee saving money on the lifetime.
ADGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:56 PM   #325
mpnret

Deadline is only 3 days away. Anyone have AP promo code that they aren't going to use? I sure would appreciate it. I would even heavily discount my 1 year old lightly used XL4 for you if you are interested. If anyone has a code they aren't going to use this may be a way of picking up an XL4 on the cheap. PM me, thanks.
mpnret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:17 PM   #326
RTPGiants

Called and told them I wanted to use my Premier instead of a Mini (which is true) and then purchase a Pro /w the code, but that I wanted Premier at $99 lifetime. They did it without a moment's pause. Might have to do with being a subscriber since 2000, but either which way, really nice rep and went smoothly.
RTPGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:28 PM   #327
Tivo II Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakthis View Post
I had this same issue. I had to clear my cookies completely. I just used the developer tools (F12) to do it, but it might be easier to go into settings and do it from there.
I tried this about 5 or 6 times wiping my cookies and cache each time and always got the same price as the snail mail promo. Then I decided to email Michaela. Her response asked me if I was getting the MSD. I wasn't and I have gone through the process again and never saw any way to ask or apply for the MSD.

Where is it?

OK, disregard this, I called the number from the promo and the MSD was added knocking another $100 of the price. My pro will get here this week.

This just got even better. After placing my order, I got the confirmation email showing a price $30 higher that what was quoted to me on the phone. They are now giving me a $100 refund making my final price $70 less than it was.

Last edited by Tivo II Jack : 01-28-2014 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Update
Tivo II Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:29 PM   #328
jwbelcher

Quote:
All 5 just shipped and each TSN was added to my account.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:29 PM   #329
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPGiants View Post
Called and told them I wanted to use my Premier instead of a Mini (which is true) and then purchase a Pro /w the code, but that I wanted Premier at $99 lifetime. They did it without a moment's pause. Might have to do with being a subscriber since 2000, but either which way, really nice rep and went smoothly.
So your Premier was on a monthly plan or did it have a Lifetime subscription?

I have a series 1 and a TiVoHD with lifetime. I wondering if there's anyway for me to swap the Lifetime.
waynomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:17 PM   #330
RTPGiants

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
So your Premier was on a monthly plan or did it have a Lifetime subscription?

I have a series 1 and a TiVoHD with lifetime. I wondering if there's anyway for me to swap the Lifetime.
The history is a long one. I've never had lifetime. I started with a S1, eventually added a S2, swapped the S1 to an HD, and then swapped the S2 to a Premier

Started with S1 - monthly

Added S2 - monthly (this made S1 & S2 both a multi-service discount)

Added an HD, removed the S1 (this swapped the S1 subscription to the HD)

Added a Premier, removed the S2 (this swapped the S2 subscription to the Premier) and sort of threatened to close the HD down. When I did this, they grandfathered the HD into a $7 rate. The Premier was at $14/mo.

Today, when I called I just flat asked for the $99 lifetime for the Premier. They said yes and mentioned "because the Premier is over 5 years". Not sure that it really matters or not. The Premier is obviously not 5 years itself, but the subscription was.

They also claimed I'll be able to transfer the $7 rate from the HD to the Roamio. I'm a little skeptical of this, but will try.
RTPGiants is offline   Reply With Quote