TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-19-2014, 04:04 PM   #91
Jayjoans

Bravo for Harry. I'm glad he called the girl out on the lyrics of the song she sang, and pointed out whether or not that's what she wanted people to think of her. I completely agree. A snappy hook and catchy melody wrapped around inappropriate lyric is still inappropriate lyric. It's refreshing for a star to point that out.

In other news, I thought they were all terrible. Picking the best last night means nothing if you're forced to pick from that bunch.
Jayjoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:56 PM   #92
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

So anyone else notice that we are limited to 50 votes per voter per method this year?
That's new.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:59 PM   #93
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

... and what the heck is a "super vote" ??
Old 02-20-2014, 07:06 AM   #94
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriAnne View Post
... and what the heck is a "super vote" ??
That's just a way to cast all 50 of your online votes for one contestant with one click.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:12 AM   #95
ADG
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
So anyone else notice that we are limited to 50 votes per voter per method this year?
That's new.
Neither my wife nor I have ever voted, but I just don't understand why anyone should have more than one vote regardless of voting method. I understand that would be hard to enforce, but if they can enforce a maximum of 50.......??

Or is it just so Ryan can say: "30 million votes were cast" instead of "half a million votes were cast"?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ADG : 02-20-2014 at 10:28 AM.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:18 AM   #96
brettatk
Thread Killer

Did anyone supervote using the app? I'm wondering if I use it if it's going to post something stupid on my FB wall like "Brett just supervoted for XXXXXDX using the AI app". Yes, I know I can remove it afterwards if it did, but would much rather it post nothing at all.
brettatk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:06 PM   #97
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

For the Guys, I like the first two last night the most. A couple of others were good but not great and a lot were forgettable or actually bad.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:29 PM   #98
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I really like CJ. They did pick some really bad guys. The gay black chubby kid is horrible, terrible Karaoke and dancing.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:39 PM   #99
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

I liked a lot of them up until now. I honestly think once they get this far everything is almost too over-produced.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #100
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
I really like CJ. They did pick some really bad guys. The gay black chubby kid is horrible, terrible Karaoke and dancing.
Yeah, he needs to be gone.

I like Caleb's unabashed, full-on rock personality. I am not sure how far it will go but I like it.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:57 PM   #101
SNJpage1

It's a shame that all three of the guys that played together during the down times didn't make it. I would have loved to have heard them put together for one of the group numbers.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:13 PM   #102
tem

Man ... very weak crop of girls this year. The only one we remotely liked was the first girl who played the uke.

At least there is no Pia/beauty queen/Celine Wannabe to make me want to rip my eyes out.

Almost all of the guys were way better than the girls. If Caleb can keep the camp to a minimum, he is so much better than them all and should easily make it to the top 4 or 5. We're waiting for him to sing "Paradise By the Dashboard Light" in a duet
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:23 PM   #103
stellie93

I wonder if they get any help with song selection. It seemed like usually that was the question the pros asked them first thing. That would be the best help you could get, I would think.

Also, it seems like often they don't listen to the experts--or the one guy listened to Daughtry and the girl instead of Randy--good move there.

I liked the final 13 better than I thought I would at the beginning of the week--they weeded them out pretty well. Why divide them male and female? It seems like one or the other is always stronger, and good people go home before they mix them.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:37 AM   #104
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

I liked the kid who did David Gray's "Babylon"

The rest I forgot about.

Such a boring season.

My blog:
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:19 PM   #105
Cainebj

I am happy to say I watched the first ten hours of this season in about 40 minutes skipping entirely any back stories and not listening to one word any of the judges had to say. (yay me!).

When the got to the eliminations leading into the Top 30, I remember distinctly thinking WOW they are letting some REALLY great singers go. This top 20 must be amazing.

Then this week happened.
WTF?
THAT is the top 13?
are we being punked?
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:44 AM   #106
rondotcom

Choices

While I don't care for the girls, I love Meatloaf, Ricky Nelson, and Larry the Cable guy.. and I'm going with Larry the Cable Guy
rondotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:56 AM   #107
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondotcom View Post
While I don't care for the girls, I love Meatloaf, Ricky Nelson, and Larry the Cable guy.. and I'm going with Larry the Cable Guy
I can figure out Meatloaf and Larry the Cable guy, but which one is Ricky Nelson?
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #108
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
I can figure out Meatloaf and Larry the Cable guy, but which one is Ricky Nelson?
Sam Wolfe, the shy younger puppy boy guy with the beaming grandfather.

Funny, but the first thing I said about him was "Ricky Nelson!"
Old 02-23-2014, 02:42 PM   #109
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

I noticed one of the finalists said, "I get to go on tour!" Unless somebody changed the rules, in years when there are more than 10 finalists, not all of them will get to go on the tour. Back in the days of the "final 12", they made it quite clear that only the top 10 went on the tour, and every year, there was yet still even another online petition calling for all 12 finalists to go on tour (and every year, they were ignored).
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:41 PM   #110
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
I am happy to say I watched the first ten hours of this season in about 40 minutes skipping entirely any back stories and not listening to one word any of the judges had to say. (yay me!).

When the got to the eliminations leading into the Top 30, I remember distinctly thinking WOW they are letting some REALLY great singers go. This top 20 must be amazing.

Then this week happened.
WTF?
THAT is the top 13?
are we being punked?
I'm just getting caught up on AI...this happens to me every season. I see some people I think are great and then they get cut in favor of some who are not so great. I was excited about this season during the auditions but that feeling is long gone.

Seems like there could be a decent show each season - "AI2" - with 10 or so of the rejects. Maybe Randy, Paula and Simon could come back to be the judges. Get Dunkelman to be the host.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #111
ADG
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboyjr View Post
I'm just getting caught up on AI...this happens to me every season. I see some people I think are great and then they get cut in favor of some who are not so great. I was excited about this season during the auditions but that feeling is long gone.

Seems like there could be a decent show each season - "AI2" - with 10 or so of the rejects. Maybe Randy, Paula and Simon could come back to be the judges. Get Dunkelman to be the host.
Couldn't agree more. However, let's be honest. After the initial round of judging it's the producers who decide who moves on to Hollywood, not the judges. They are looking for "good tv", not great talent.

Old 02-26-2014, 03:25 PM   #112
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADG View Post
Couldn't agree more. However, let's be honest. After the initial round of judging it's the producers who decide who moves on to Hollywood, not the judges. They are looking for "good tv", not great talent.
Very true, but to me, and I have to think a lot of other people, great talent makes great TV. I can't stand the drama, and for those who like it, there are a zillion shows out there for them.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:20 PM   #113
ADG
Allan

Quote:
Very true, but to me, and I have to think a lot of other people, great talent makes great TV. I can't stand the drama, and for those who like it, there are a zillion shows out there for them.
And again I agree completely. We're on the same page.

Old 02-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #114
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Um, has Randy replaced Jimmy or something? I thought we were rid of him.

Right now, Caleb is head and shoulders above the others as far as his performances are concerned.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:18 PM   #115
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
Um, has Randy replaced Jimmy or something? I thought we were rid of him.

Right now, Caleb is head and shoulders above the others as far as his performances are concerned.
That was my reaction to Randy as mentor.

The one I'm liking is Majesty. Caleb reminds me of Jack Black.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:04 AM   #116
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
That was my reaction to Randy as mentor.

The one I'm liking is Majesty. Caleb reminds me of Jack Black.
Majesty is in my top 2 or 3 also.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:44 AM   #117
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

Randy is like that 25 year old who still hangs around his old high school and sells beer to the students.

My blog:
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:03 AM   #118
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

I found the little talking head Randy in the lower corner of my screen to be hysterical- it made watching Idol fun.

He was like the whispering golf announcers that no one ever stops what they are doing to listen to- the show just kept going. Or the no name TV station "anchor" trying to get a word in edgewise while covering some local event. They're talking, the network people push them aside and then out of frame and they just keep talking even though no one remotely cares what they are saying. Or folks getting played off an awards show stage and continuing to thank people we never heard of.

Randy just kept babbling right along and no one could hear him or gave two *****s what he had to say, yet he kept talking.

It just struck a very funny nerve with me

I would stake my life that Randy was given these talking segments purely to get him to vacate a judges chair. He's just too special.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:51 AM   #119
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
Randy is like that 25 year old who still hangs around his old high school and sells beer to the students.
More like the 60 year old hanging out with HS kids DOGG!!
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:26 PM   #120
SoBelle0
What's next?

Okay - so this coming week is when my friends and I will first gather to watch the competition together and pick who we think will win. I, once again, have not watched any of the episodes to this point...

So, y'all tell me, please. Who should I put my money on to win the whole shebang this year?

I think I have the last two on the TiVo - and will go watch Majesty and Caleb based on Maui's notes above.
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote