TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-24-2014, 06:40 PM   #1
thekidran

Roamio Plus And Easy Mac Download

Hey Guys I travel A lot for work and would rather carry my new Macbook Air to watch my TV shows on the fly.

Please let me know the easiest way to do so?

I would like to watch in HD if possible then delete after i watch the shows.

Anyway to download while away from my home network?

From what i gathered Ctivo would be the easiest way to do this. What format would you suggest for macbook viewing only?

I know the iPad app does this but i don't want to carry more then one device as i need the laptop for work.

Sorry for the questions but appreciate your responses..

Regards.
thekidran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:45 PM   #2
javabird

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidran View Post
Hey Guys I travel A lot for work and would rather carry my new Macbook Air to watch my TV shows on the fly.

Please let me know the easiest way to do so?

I would like to watch in HD if possible then delete after i watch the shows.

Anyway to download while away from my home network?

From what i gathered Ctivo would be the easiest way to do this. What format would you suggest for macbook viewing only?

I know the iPad app does this but i don't want to carry more then one device as i need the laptop for work.

Sorry for the questions but appreciate your responses..

Regards.
cTivo works great for this. Download the shows, cut commercials if you want, and transfer to iTunes. I like to use the AppleTV format.
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:00 PM   #3
thekidran

is there a way to download from my DVR when i am in a different state? that would be great!
Old 06-27-2014, 08:04 PM   #4
thekidran

If i download with ctivo does it have to be encoded to a certain format? I found that the download is quick but with my new macbook air i5 processor the encoding takes quite sometime to convert to apple tv format? Any suggestions?
Old 06-28-2014, 07:10 PM   #5
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

I don't see an iPad format option; I often have difficulties with playback on the iPad where I never have a problem with the iPhone....

And I also notice that shows from premium cable channels (Starz, Encore, HBO, Cinemax) don't show up.

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:23 PM   #6
javabird

If you want to see premium channels, go to Preferences > "show protected shows." However, they cannot be transferred because they are copy protected.

The AppleTV format works well for me for shows on the iPad, AppleTV and iPhone. But if you want more advanced options, you can use the Handbrake settings.
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote