Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-19-2014, 08:41 AM   #31
JohnnyO
Crimper

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic pride View Post
Will it ever remember me like my old pandora app? I f not i'll just continue to use the older version.
I've only had to sign in on the new version once (per TiVo or TiVo Mini).

I've relaunched the new Pandora 4-5 times now between boxes and have not had to re-login.

John
JohnnyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:31 AM   #32
jaredmwright

Just wanted to chime in that I still do not have the new Pandora on my Roamio. Does anyone know if this is a slow rollout or should everyone have it by now?
-TiVo Mini (MoCa) HDMI
-TiVo Mini (MoCa) HDMI
DirecTV HR22 HDMI & Slingbox Solo COMPONENT
jaredmwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:33 AM   #33
Philmatic

The HME version most definitely DID prompt you to keep listening.

I have the new version, I like it only because it's much faster than the previous HME version. It is missing a few features, but they will flesh that out eventually. The benefit to the HTML5 version is that it is the same version that runs on the XBOX 360 and the Wii.
Philmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:36 AM   #34
JStew

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
i wonder if they will do that for the paid Pandora suscriptions?
I've got the paid sub and it hasn't happened to me (so far).
JStew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:29 PM   #35
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philmatic View Post
The HME version most definitely DID prompt you to keep listening.
It never did for me, and I used it an entire day on a regular basis. However I would thumbs up/down or skip songs every once in a while.

But now I have no Pandora apps at all, they took away the old one without adding the new to Music. Not on a Roamio btw (it's an Elite), but something's not right. I have the Opera store etc. just no Pandora now.

Damn shame they're ditching the old app, it was the best one they ever had.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:22 AM   #36
mbernste

I just tried this on my Roamio using kmttg and the interface is quite different than what is on my 2013 Samsung TV. I like it. I don't have this new version on my Roamio yet. The one thing that does bother me, at it's a kmttg thing is that I can't paste the URL to the Pandora interface into kmttg. I had to use Tiny URL to shorten it. Grumble.
mbernste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:58 AM   #37
TerryD

I haven't gotten the new app yet but the only one disappeared yesterday, leaving me Pandora-less. Has this happened to anyone else? Haven't had a chance to force a few connections yet, so it may be that simple. Hopefully!
TerryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:41 AM   #38
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Restart the HDUI (thumbs down/thumbs up/play/play) or reboot the box.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #39
mustang1068

Any way to get the old Pandora app back? The new one doesn't work with my receiver (Denon AVR-790). It plays one song and then the audio drops. Happens every time. Only way to get audio back without restarting Pandora is to switch inputs on the receiver - but after one more song, it drops again.

This sucks
mustang1068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:50 PM   #40
celtic pride

My old pandora finally went away for good,But at least i dont have to log in every time i want to use it anymore! I dont like the gray color of the new pandora app as the old one matched my other tivo screens with the same colors.
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #41
tatergator1

I'm sure most will agree that the original Pandora App for Tivo was probably the best App for a Tivo up to present day. It was clean, fast, consistent with the Tivo look, and it's just worked. The reason for all of the above is that it was coded specifically for Tivo using the old HME platform.

Tivo's addition of the Opera browser and move towards HTML5 is a double-edged sword. Content providers like it because most already have their apps in HTML5 and dropping Tivo-specific apps is one less code-base to maintain. It's also potentially good for Tivo users as HTML5 is ubiquitous and it's much easier to add more apps to Tivo now.

On the other end, we lose the best app Tivo ever provided. I doubt we could convince Tivo to give us the option of which Pandora App we use, but, while the new one seems OK, the old one is preferred.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:08 AM   #42
TonyBlunt

I do not know how long it will last, but I currently have both versions of Pandora in my Music list.

Any way to clean out unused entries in this list like one can clean up the video list?
TonyBlunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:28 AM   #43
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBlunt View Post
I do not know how long it will last, but I currently have both versions of Pandora in my Music list.

Any way to clean out unused entries in this list like one can clean up the video list?
Probably a reboot will remove it.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote