TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-03-2014, 08:10 PM   #181
smbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameGuru View Post
Are you serious, the cylons were angels?
I'm not sure anybody knows what the hell happened in that series, not even the producers. Nevertheless, I can feel confident after watch the entire series saying that no the cylons were not angels.

Spoiler:

The biggest issue was the imaginary-Baltar and imaginary-6 (you know the ones that only 6 and Baltar could see, who kept telling them to do stuff). There was just no good explanation for who or what they were other than as some half-assed creation that 'God' used to move the plot along.

Then there was some BS where the human/child hybrid turned out to be the mitochondrial DNA ancestor of the audience's civilization. In other words, "Eve". The entire series came down to 'God' manipulating the humans, in part through imaginary-6 and imaginary-Baltar, to get this Eve into position to kickstart our civilization. It was sort of the most complicated possible means to move one person from point A to point B, while killing off every single other person in the series and making the entire experience completely irrelevant.

It was basically a complete and total punt on any sort of explanation. Far worse than "Lost".

(not sure if there's a need to spoilerize stuff about old TV shows, but I figure better safe than sorry; someone might actually want to watch that crappy show and not have the sense to quit after season 1)
smbaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:17 PM   #182
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbaker View Post
I'm not sure anybody knows what the hell happened in that series, not even the producers. Nevertheless, I can feel confident after watch the entire series saying that no the cylons were not angels.
Cylons were angels? That'd be preposterous!

Spoiler:
Starbuck, on the other hand, was an angel. If a somewhat ambiguous one. As Ron Moore sort-of explained it

Quote:
She is what you want to think of her. It was left deliberately nebulous and vague. And I think she was a representative of an entity that didn't like to be called God, but everybody else talked about it in godlike terms. If you want to call her an angel, you could say that. She went through a resurrection story that was very Christlike. And you know, what are the implications of that? I felt, as I went into the finale, that the more I defined exactly what she was, the less interesting she became. And so I just made a choice to go out on a more ambiguous note, and to let people argue about it perpetually.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:58 AM   #183
smbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
Cylons were angels? That'd be preposterous!

Spoiler:
Starbuck, on the other hand, was an angel. If a somewhat ambiguous one. As Ron Moore sort-of explained it

Ugggh. I had forgot about that. Great rationale for completely punting on an explanation of a key mystery of the show: 'it's more interesting that way'.
smbaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:00 AM   #184
philw1776

Starbuck was an angel.
Then the closing scene with Six and I forget who as possible angels overseeing humanity for over 100,000 years to the present.

Apologies: when Six is in a scene I blank on whoever else is in that scene
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote